“Reasonable accomodation- great views!” 3 of 5 stars

Ravensdown Guest House
248 Ferry Road | Goldenacre, Edinburgh EH5 3AN, Scotland   |
Ranked #310 of 444 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Reasonable accomodation- great views!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

David was a really helpful host and the room had great views of Edinburgh. The room and facilities were reasonable but not spectacular. Location is ok- about halfway between Leith and Edinburgh centre although easily accessible.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

Although the expanse of the front room looks incredible on line...prepare thyself for Vegas meets Edinburgh! Noisy all night traffic (which the man of the house thought we wouldn't mind since we were from NYC), this room is mirror and silver and velour together at last and very...well...very green...as Alica S says in Clueless: "I've stumbled into some bad lighting!" I have to confess the bed and the bedding was next level comfort and despite the loud traffic I slept well. I am the type of tourist that is actually on vacation and I do not feel the need pop up and out of bed each and every day for the infamous and often delightful Scottish breakfast. I move at my own pace and this resulted in me being the constant victim of snide comments from the proprietor. He kept it up with my partner saying things about my inability to rise for breakfast. Finally my partner explained that because of my work schedule I enjoy having no schedule while on vacation. This guy was very open in his distaste for tourists and in particular horrid Americans. He tortured us about our lack of a chip in our cards (wait let me call Joe Biden who knows the most about why my credit card is making him so much money and probably can illuminate the reason I am a chipless wonder). Edinburgh is so wonderful I can't wait to go back and explore! I will definitely not return to Ravensdown Guest House and I'm sure I will not be missed!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Fredericton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

Walked in off the street and was greeted by David - great house, greater host, wonderful sleep. And the views of Edinburgh, just icing on the cake - especially Edinburgh Castle lit up at night. Make this a definite stop to lay your head for a few days!!

PS David - thank you so very very much for your help with calls!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2011

Offers good service and hosts are very amicable.We stayed here for 3 nights and was a very good experience. I recommend this place to everyone traveling to Scotland.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Dundee, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2011

We found this poor value for money. Breakfast was very poor and not typical of our experience of Scottish guest houses. Cheap bread to make your own toast, a few tubs of yoghurt and a poached egg was just that - one poached egg on an otherwise empty plate. Only one sachet of shampoo, one teabag per person provided and no hair dryer in the room. All rather soul-less and disappointing.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Almere
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2010

What a wonderful holiday in a really nice and clean guest house. Pure indulgence, thanks to the owners of Ravensdown. For me it was an enjoyable experience: Located near the Centre. We will be back! A hot tip for everyone.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Amsterdam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2010

We had a spacious and clean room. The bathroom was what you could expect, not very big but sufficient. Breakfast was good. The location is super. you can reach the centre in a couple of minutes by public transport or taxi.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Ravensdown Guest House? Share your experiences!