We visited Edinburgh with the family so that our daughter could attend a university open day. It gave us the opportunity to have a look around the city together. The apartment had 2 double bedrooms, the whole place was spotless and well furnished with everything you could need. There is no lift and the stairs are steep - we were on the top floor!
Excellent location for many of the University faculty buildings and so that couldn't have been more convenient. Good to know there is a Tesco local literally at the end of the street and its an easy walk into town and all the restaurants etc.
Weather was very very cold so it was great to be able to simply switch on the heating as we arrived.
It wasn't cheap but compared with two hotel rooms it was good value for money and great to have living space and a kitchen. We will certainly use these apartments again if our daughter attends university here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the city Nicolson luxury self-catering residences offer a stylish and unique base to explore all our city has to offer. These spacious apartments are tastefully decorated using neutral décor with traditional Scottish furnishings to create a warm and relaxing atmosphere. All are situated only a few minutes’ walk from some of Edinburgh’s major attractions including Edinburgh Castle, Holyrood Palace, the Scottish Museum and are located just around the corner from Edinburgh University.Each apartment has a living room with dining area, modern tiled bathroom, well equipped kitchen, luxurious bedroom(s), cable TV, a DVD player, washing machine, dishwasher and hairdryer as well as soft fluffy towels and fantastic quality Egyptian cotton linen. We can also provide cots and high chairs if required.To complete your home away from home we also provide complimentary sea kelp toiletries from the Scottish Fine Soap Company as well as tea, coffee, mineral water and orange juice to help you settle in.Whether you are visiting for work, play, a family holiday or a romantic break away we have an exclusive private residence to suit your needs. Apartment Facilities:Iron, ironing Board, washing machine, heating, hairdryer, complimentary sea kelp toiletries from the Scottish Fine Soap Company, bathroom with bath or shower, TV, DVD player, refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher, electric kettle, cooking equipment and crockery, additional blankets. Cots and high chairs can be supplied upon request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Nicolson Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nicolson Apartments Hotel Edinburgh
- Nicolson Apartments Edinburgh, Scotland