“Convenient and Comfortable” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aaron Lodge

You added Aaron Lodge to your Saves list
Aaron Lodge
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   128 Old Dalkeith Road, Edinburgh EH16 4SD, Scotland   |
Announcement
Special Deals
Ranked #52 of 440 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Boston, Mass
“Convenient and Comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2008

Recently renovated, this hotel/motel is very comfortable, with attractive room appointments, a spacious sunroom lounge, and delicious Scottish breakfast. just minutes outside of Edinburgh, with city buses traveling frequently in and out of the city. So glad we were advised to stay here.

• Liked — Convenience and comfort
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Korean first
Ciren, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2008

Just got back from a short notice business trip working at the new hospital in Edinburgh. I used multimap to locate the nearest guest house and completely landed on my feet. The Aaron Lodge is excellent. I can not fault it. The room was clean, modern, with a superb new bed and fantastic walk-in shower, marble walls and blue LEDs. I would have liked to take it home with me!
Breakfast was great, and all you'll need for a good few hours. Lovely people, parking, a bus stop outside that can take you straight in to the centre (I walked there and back - about 45 minutes). Might return for a holiday!

• Liked — Great owners
  • Disliked — Leaving
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
West Sussex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2008

Myself my husband and a couple of friends of ours stayed at Aaron Lodge in April this year, we found the accomodation modern, clean and exceptionally comfortable and also had touches of the luxurious which made the whole stay there really memorable. Ted the owner was warm and friendly and a fountain of local knowledge so we felt we really got the most out of our short stay there...we will definately be back!!

Stayed April 2008
King - Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2008

I stayed at the Aaron Lodge and I am writing to say how much I appreciated the kindness and concern over my husband's accident that Ted and his family showed to me . I would like to say what a lovely, comfortable guest house they have; it was a pleasure to get back to my room at night, which is not very often the case in hotels! (Also to what must be the best shower room in Edinburgh!) And what a welcoming lounge, with a reviving tot of whiskey after a day at the Infirmary. Many thanks to Ted and Dot for helping me during a rather difficult time. I thoroughly recommend Aaron Lodge to anyone visiting Edinburgh. You won't do better anywhere else.

All the best,
Hazel King

• Liked — everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2008

We found this B&B by accident when our original choice of hotel was unavailable. This turned out to be a lucky break. The rooms were very clean and nicely decorated. The location was convenient. The host/hostess were gracious and friendly. The food was excellent. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed April 2008

Been to Aaron Lodge? Share your experiences!