“A wonderful experience.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #152 of 1,901 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Welcome to Edinburgh's newest fine dining experience. Situated approximately one mile from the heart of the city, our chefs have up to thirty years of experience in cooking traditional homemade dishes. We have a bring your own bottle policy, so you are welcome to bring your own alcoholic beverages. We have an exclusive lunch deal. £6.95 Per person for a three course meal.
“A wonderful experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

First visit, but certainly won't be our last! From the minute we arrived we were well looked after. Food delicious, pace allowed us to enjoy our food and chat rather than that conveyor belt experience that many restaurants seem to go for. Highly recommend you give Ronaq a visit.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
ronaqrestaurant, Manager at Ronaq Indian Restaurant, responded to this review, August 9, 2014
Thank you for your visit. We really appreciate it and thank you for the excellent feedback. We are extremly pleased that you found our food and service excellent.

Hope to see you soon again.

Edinburgh
“well, fantastic again!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

3rd time visit since re-opening. 1st visit....fantastic, 2nd visit, not great at all, 3rd visit? amazing - this restaurant get the 'wow' factor from me - and that doesn't happen often!!

First arrived, offered an excellent seat, the decor is absolutely stunning!! very quick service with popodums to start - amazing and very quick. The meal? superb!! just like the meal i had 13 years ago (when known as far pavilion). i just have nothing else to say apart from thank you for a fantastic meal?

The chicken? lovely, madras? just how it should be! The bread - the best i've had! and excellent service throughout - not too much, just right. This is my place from now on i think, thanks again.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
What a pleasure it is to know you came back and tried us again and we did a fantastic job.

Thank you for coming back and we promise to deliver the same food and service every time.

Looking forward to seeing you soon again.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Nice food shame about the plates”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Before I say anything I will say the food was excellent. The. Decor was nice and the service very good, However, out of 5 people at the table only one was served their dish in a stainless bowl on a hot plate. The four others had their mains served in large soup bowls which were cold. Not only that but there was hardly any room for them on the table. The bowls were so large that I had so much vindaloo sauce and hardly any meat. But what I did have was tasty.
PLEASE no more soup bowls and stick to the stainless bowls on a hot plate. Good value for money as well.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
ronaqrestaurant, Manager at Ronaq Indian Restaurant, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Firstly, thank you for the excellent feedback on our food and service.

I am sorry to learn that you did not like the bowls we serve some of our mains in. We use the sizzling hot pots for the specialities. Whilst I know that not every one likes the bowls at the same time not everyone likes the sizzling pots.

We keep our bowls warm and when served they should be warm too. How ever there is no reason for any customer to request in which bowl or pot you would like the main meal to be served in.

We will be happy to serve any dish in the hot sizzling pot for you, next time you are here. Please just let the waiter know at the time of ordering your meal.

Thank you again for taking the time to give us this important feedback. We really appreciate it.

We hope to see you soon again.
Leeds, United Kingdom
“In the famous words of Arnold Schwarzenegger...I'll be back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

This was my first visit to ronaq and It won't be the last!

The food was great not too spicy but full of flavour. I started with the grilled king prawns which were cooked to perfection still nice and juicy and bursting with flavour.

The main of chicken and spinach served with freshly cooked chappaties and pilau rice was up there in my top 3 best curries iv had in Edinburgh. You could taste the fresh garlic and I am sure they must grow their own spinach as it was packed full of flavour(I felt like popeye)

For dessert I went for my usual gulab jamun with ice cream, to be honest I was tempted by the chocolate fudge cake but I kept the theme of my meal traditional.

All in all it was a pleasant experience something I will look forward to the next time I visit.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for your excellent review.

It is a pleasure to know that our customers can taste the freshness in our cooking. We prepare our meals freshly to your requirements. I would say definitely let your temptations try the chocolate fudge cake next time you are here. Its a promise, you will not be disappointed!

Thank you again.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Giving other restaurants something to think about”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

This newly refurbished restaurant lived up to our expectations and more. We were made very welcome by the friendly staff and given excellent service throughout our visit.
The standard of food was amazing and plentiful.
We will most definitely return.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for taking time to give us excellent feedback.

We promise to deliver the excellent food, service, atmosphere and value for money each and every time.

We look forward to seeing you soon.