“Not your typical Ghost tour” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cadies & Witchery Tours

Cadies & Witchery Tours
84 West Bow (Victoria Street), Edinburgh EH1 2HH, Scotland (Cowgate)
+44 131 225 6745
Ranked #34 of 270 Activities in Edinburgh
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The award-winning Cadies & Witchery Tours invite you to join our fearless phantoms for a suspenseful and mirth-filled tour of Edinburgh's Old Town. Step back a few hundred years as Adam Lyal (deceased) and his spooky chums bring the Capital's grisly past vividly to life. Established in 1984, the Cadies have been scaring people from all over the world almost every single night since, and our walking tours have become one of Edinburgh's must-see attractions. Our tours cater to all ages, and are available at different times throughout the evening. If you have any special requirements, or are looking to arrange a personalised experience, just contact us and tell us about it.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Port of Spain, Trinidad
“Not your typical Ghost tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I had considered this tour as an activity for my weekend visit to Edinburgh with my gf. I had no interest in doing any ghost tours, but I saw that the Cadies and Witchery Tours were one of the top attractions in the area on Trip Advisor. Hundreds of people can't be wrong, right? This was exactly the case. The tour is one of my most memorable moments in Edinburgh.

Now, this tour is not exactly a scary tour. It has a very large comedic element to it. The tour guide was very entertaining and very knowledgeable. The tour takes you through the streets of old town as the tour guide gives you factual stories about Edinburgh's dark past with a funny twist. Now the scary part of the tour is the tour guide's accomplace who will randomly make an appearance to scare the crowd. He appears as a witch, a skeleton and my favourite as the monk.

I was not initially keen on doing this tour, but now I have no regrets! This tour is a must do when you visit Edinburgh. You'll get some good laughs and some light exercise.

• Turkish first
“Fantastic!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

My husband and I planned this tour as our Saturday night activity for our weekend away to Edinburgh. We were not disappointed, it was the highlight of my husbands weekend although we both very much enjoyed it.
It was funny, informative and we had so much fun! I would def recommend to anyone!

Düsseldorf
“Entertaining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

We found this tour by coincidence and we did not regret it. The mixture of information about the (old) city of Edinburgh combined with a lot of fun made it a valuable experience that we will probably never forget. One of the highlights of our holidays!

cincinnati, ohio
10 attraction reviews
“A Haunting evening”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Edinburgh claims to be be of the most haunted cities in the world. The Cadies and Witches tour was an enjoyable walking tour. We walked up and down wynds, as the story of the history of over 5000 witches who were killed in Scotland unfolds. It is a bloody history, but the stories told were told with touches of humor. The guides were well informed. There were few silly , fun moments with "ghosts", that provided the finishing touches of the walk. If one has difficulty walking or issues with breathing problems, I would not encourage the walk. Again, it is up and down the hilly streets and wynds of the old city. The tour takes place in the evening hours.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Very entertaining!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

We found the tour very entertaining - a good bit of historical information mixed with light hearted banter. Great fun! The tour guide was a good clear speaker and (despite the large number on the tour) managed to engage with all the audience including the children, who seemed to thoroughly enjoy themselves! His assistant was also very funny and they worked very well together. All in all a most enjoyable way to spend an evening.