“Wonderful stay!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of 14 Hart Street

We can't find prices for this accommodation
14 Hart Street
You added 14 Hart Street to your Saves list
14 Hart Street, Edinburgh EH1 3RN, Scotland (Broughton)   |
Ranked #5 of 445 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Epsom, United Kingdom
“Wonderful stay!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

My husband and I went to Edinburgh for the weekend and stayed at 14 Hart Street. Everything was just fantastic. James and Angela were very welcoming and the breakfasts were delicious. Down to the little details the whole stay was fantastic; controlling our own heating, the very soft towels, the comfiest bed I have ever stayed in. Overall an incredible stay and I would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Verona, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

We stayed at 14 Hart Street for two nights in late August. It was first rate in every respect - charming, comfortable and elegantly furnished. James and Angela are excellent hosts and could not have made us feel more welcome. They are located on a quiet residential street that is a pleasant 15 minute walk to the Royal Mile. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

Do yourself a favour and stay at this very friendly, comfortable and well located B&B. The hosts James & Angela were very welcoming and helpful. They gave many local tips to help us enjoy our stay in Edinburgh.
The room was very comfortable and definitely felt like home. The breakfasts were awesome with everything you could want and more. When we return to Edinburgh in the future this is where we will be staying again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Lincoln UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

My wife & I stayed at 14 Hart St. for 4 nights at the end of October. During our stay James and Angela could not have been more friendly and helpful hosts. Our room was extremely comfortable, and beautifully decorated and with an impressive display of antique prints and furniture, as is the rest of the guest accommodation area. Breakfast lacks for nothing, and James will provide an impressive cooked meal if required. The location of this guest house is ideal, with Princes St. only a 5 minute walk, but at the same time it is far enough away from the busy streets to be a quiet and relaxing spot. Highly recommended.
Graeme & Anne Paterson

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed at 14 Hart St for four nights in early October.

James and Angela were warm and helpful hosts.

The home is beautiful and the breakfasts delicious with great company. The treats in the room were greatly appreciated after our days of touring.

It is in a lovely location close to everything and a great neighborhood.

We were in the front room which is spacious and beautifully furnished, including a desk, with a large modern bathroom.

Doncaster
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Stayed at this lovely B&B for 2 nights our title says it all. James and Angela are the ideal hosts warm and friendly, nothing is too much trouble, so why stay in an expensive hotel when you can stay here. All the bedrooms are on the ground floor, our room had very little outside views but was beautifully furnished with a large and extremely clean shower room. To be quite honest when you have had a very busy day all you want is a warm cosy room to return to, a nice refreshing shower with the added bonus of a glass of whisky or wine and the following morning a breakfast to die for. We loved staying here and will definitely return.

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

This was my second time to Edinburgh within this year. This time I stayed for 4 nights in the 14 Hart Street in October. A wonderful place indeed.

The B&B is situated about 5 to 10 minutes walk from the Princes Street and Waverly station, a very convenient location. You can find the St James shopping mall and John Lewis department store nearby, so easy for some last minute shopping also. Tesco and a few take away restaurants are also nearby, good for supper or when you come back late after a tour / visit and not in a mood for dining in a formal restaurant. Hart Street is in a residential area, quiet but safe.

The room was elegant, appropriately decorated and cozy. James had put some Whisky, red wine and shortbread inside the room for us to enjoy after a long day. The bed was comfortable and I managed to get some good sleep despite jet lag. The only minor thing was that the bathroom was a bit small for my room, though it wan't much a problem for me given I was traveling alone this time. I think the other rooms may have a bigger bathroom judging from the photos of other travelers.

James and Angela are very kind and helpful. You can get all the information that you may need to go around Edinburgh. It's always very enjoying to have a relaxing chat with James every morning during breakfast.

One of the highlights staying here was the wonderful breakfast. The breakfast was served in a well decorated colonial style breakfast room. I had a full English breakfast every morning during my stay which had me a wonderful start every day. The breakfast was delicious and generous. I still miss the yummy breakfast after I went back to my home country.

All in all, 14 Hart Street is a wonderful place to stay in Edinburgh. The price is very reasonable given the quality that you get especially the good breakfast. I would surely consider staying here again and have no reservation recommending my friends to consider staying in this wonderful and warm B&B when visiting Edinburgh.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to 14 Hart Street? Share your experiences!