“Great bed-and-breakfast very reasonable price” 4 of 5 stars

You added Rosehall Hotel to your Saves list
Rosehall Hotel
101 Dalkeith Road, Edinburgh EH16 5AJ, Scotland   |
Ranked #264 of 445 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
“Great bed-and-breakfast very reasonable price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

In total I had four nights at this bed-and-breakfast and it was very pleasant. It is situated not far from the city centre, ten minutes on the bus takes you to Waverly Bridge where all the tour bus operate from. The landlady was lovely and I had a cooked breakfast every morning how I liked it. My room was very clean I highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Cooma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

The rooms looked lovely and the host was initially very friendly - however when the day came to check in there was an obvious common mistake where both parties were mistaken as to the types of rooms booked.
This can normally be resolved but when the host tells the customer that they are wrong and that it is not her problem then It confirms the hosts lack of customer service skills.
We took our money elsewhere, and will pursue the host for charging my Amex card a cancellation fee.
There are just too many other places in Edinburgh to put up with poor and rude service.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

We would definitely stay at the Rosehall hotel again. The owners are very friendly, breakfast was lovely, our bedroom was beautiful expecially the very comfortable four poster bed. It was also surprisingly clean for such a large family run place. I truly cannot think of any faults what's so ever and I am quite fussy... :)

Room Tip: We had the front big room, which was full of period features and a very comfy bed and very powerful...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012 via mobile

I stayed a few nights in this hotel with a friend and felt very at home.

The building itself is magnificent, especially the staircase and the bar breakfast area.

I read below a comment saying there was no Internet available however when I stayed there was a computer available in the hall which the owner Teresa helped me connect to for free, she was very helpful and very genuinely friendly.

We brought a car and there was free parking round the back of the hotel which was very handy. We walked into town one day which took around 20 minutes, and the walk to Arthur seat only 10 minutes which was very beautiful. The bus stop which was just over the road had about 4 busses which went directly into the city centre, of which Teresa provided information on when arriving, without us even having to ask.

The breakfast was also delicious!

• Stayed February 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012 via mobile

Lovely scottish experience. I have stayed in other hotels and b and b's around Edinburgh but nothing compares to this one. Lovely hostess that will go out of her way to help you and give you information on the beautiful city and things to do. Beautiful bar and breakfast room, with a filling and tasty traditional breakfast. I don't think the picture someone has posted does the rooms justice as mines was much nicer. Very homely, spacious and clean. Worth every penny!

• Stayed February 2012
England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

I arrived at the Rosehall hotel on Friday the 12/08/2011. One of the first comments from the owner was 'Your check out time is 10am on Monday, this was constantly said throughout the weekend, not very welcoming. The breakfast was cold eg: the toast every morning. The owner banged on my door on Friday evening complaining about the noise from the tv, I did turn it down. The next morning she claimed she could hear it in reception, despite me being two floors up and no other guests complaining. The room was cleaned whilst I was there, but I noticed when I was packing on Monday, that the stand under the television was thick with dust. You could not open the window making the room stuffy. When I first arrived she told me not to eat in the room on the bed as it would leave stains. The first I noticed on the quilt were numerous stains, the quilt was not changed all weekend. I have stayed at this hotel once before which once quite pleasent, but will not be returning based on this experience.

Room Tip: a bit of traffic noise at rosehall hotel.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2010

Rosehall Hotel

I arrived late Friday night in Edinburgh. THe time coincided with the Edinburgh Festival and so almost all hotels were full. I walked in Rosehall Hotel and luckily found a room and the cost, I guess when compare among other guest house, was really cheap. My stay was 50 pounds per night.

Location - a bit remote from town. It took me 45 minutes to walk from the hotel to Edinburgh Castle. I guest it took me around the same time to walk from the hotel to Edinburgh Waverley Station.

Room - Room 4 was a cozy clean single room with lovely view. TV and water kettle were available. Not counting the one for water kettle, there were two electric sockets available. However, it was not a suite and the toilet, which I shared with no one, was several steps away from my room.

Washroom - It's a spacious washroom. I appreciated the armchair there and the four hooks there for me to place my bag and hang my clothes. There were also enough hanger to hang towels. Spacious bath tug for shower. I had to say the hot water temperature was not so constant but OK.

Internet access - Unfortunately, there was no Internet access in the hotel. I had to walked like 10 minutes (or took bus but I preferred walking) before I could find a cafe to access Internet.

Breakfast - I could choose between continental and Full British breakfast, but I had to tell the host the day beforehand if I opted the British breakfast. The British breakfasts were yummy :)

The host Teresa was very warm and I felt like home. I remember I was chatting with Teresa and another guest that I was visiting Highland the next day, and Teresa immediately awared that I could not join breakfast the next morning and offered that I could pack some bread, yoghurt, jam, cheeze etc for breakfast that evening. She didn't serve evening meal and could only help packing things for me. Seeing her grabbing things for me (the food, the plastic knife and spoon), I felt like my mum packing things for my school picnic. So despite no Internet and no Laundry service, I still stayed there for more nights than I've planned. By the way, I found the dining room and the staircase very lovely as well. I gave another credit that there is a church called Priestfield next to it. I attended Sunday service there and was received warmly :)

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo

Been to Rosehall Hotel? Share your experiences!