We stayed one night in a small motorhome.
Friendly and helpful staff at reception.
Wi-Fi is expensive, but good signal strength and speed.
Good access to Edinburgh by bus at front gate (10 minute walk from reception).
Amenities blocks are clean, with ample hot water.
Pitches are level and accessible, but no demarcation between neighbouring pitches.
In our case it was not clear which power outlet belonged to which pitch, so that the outlet designated for our pitch was already in use by a neighbouring pitch. Needed assistance from reception staff to sort it out.
The caravan park is surrounded by farmland; a nice rural setting handy to Edinburgh's urban attractions.
- Also Known As:
- Mortonhall Caravan And Camping Park Hotel
- Mortonhall Caravan And Camping Park Hotel Edinburgh
- Mortonhall Caravan And Camping Park Edinburgh, Scotland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the south side of the city and set within a 200 acre country estate lies the beautifully maintained camping and caravan park. Our Thistle award Caravan Holiday Homes accommodate up to 8 people(easy access van available)whilst our new Wigwams, which can accommodate up to 5 people, offer camping in style. Tourers and campers always welcome with various pitch options available. Very accessible to the city centre and all Edinburgh's attractions and shops. ... more less