“Gorgeous Hotel, almost perfect” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Tigerlily to your Saves list
Hotels.com Booking.com
Tigerlily
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   125 George Street, Edinburgh EH2 4JN, Scotland (New Town)   |
Ranked #15 of 147 hotels in Edinburgh
Inverurie, UK
“Gorgeous Hotel, almost perfect”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We had a lovley stay here. the rooms are really stylish. Loved that they had GHDs in the room. The bathrooms was really nice.
Location is good, George Street is great for nightlife and shops.
We had a dinner, bed, breakfast package. Dinner was lovely, I had the steak and it was delicious.
The staff were attentive and pleasant.
Our only complaint was with breakfast, I ordered the eggs benedict and when it was eventually delivered to the rooom after a long wait it was stone cold, we returned it and asked for another which was also cold. The manager then came to speak to us and offered us breakfast in the restaurant.
The cocktails are amazing, the best in town and believe me I've sampled a few! I can especially recommend their Bloody Mary.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

780 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Turkish first
Blackburn, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I can only review as a bar as we never stayed here. We visited two nights on the row. Great trendy place with different areas to both eat & drink. Expansive range of drinks. Great music & vibe. We loved it and recommend a drink (At least).

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Didn't realise this place even had a hotel - we visited the bar and restaurant on a Thursday evening on the recommendation of a taxi driver who took us into the centre of Edinburgh - we weren't disappointed.
You have to walk through the busy and noisy (with music) bar areas to get to the restaurant which was separated by a corridor and hanging bead wall - you can still hear the bustle and music of the bar but not enough to ruin conversation. The restaurant was nicely decorated in a stylishly modern theme creating a nice ambience.
The drinks menu was extensive but a little pricey - good quality beers and wines though and the cocktails were delicious.
The food was also a little pricey but the quality was worth it. We were given olives and bread to nibble on (free of charge) whilst waiting for our starters - the restaurant and bar were really busy so they took a little time to arrive but it wasn't a big issue. When they did arrive they were nicely presented and very decent portion sizes. I ordered mussels and I almost didn't finish them there were so many! I also ordered some oysters as a treat and they were really good quality though a little small for what we paid for them. The main meals were similarly good portion sizes although I felt that the pork I ordered was a little overcooked and a bit on the tough side. I didn't mind too much as I was already stuffed with the starter/s and I felt it was also forgivable given that the restaurant and bar were so busy - I'm sure it was a one off.
As I've already said - the restaurant and bar were very busy and the staff were expected to work both, no mean feat and they were rushed off thei feet but remained very professional and friendly throughout. I would eat here again and would recommend it to anyone visiting Edinburgh.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Had a fantastic stay here for 2 nights with my girlfriend just before Christmas.

- Clean and spacious rooms with great large bathroom and rain shower - even comes with an ipod and dock playing Robbie Williams (nice idea, poor execution;)
- Ideally located for getting around central Edinburgh and close to the old town too
- Brilliant breakfast included in the rate and very friendly service
- Not cheap at over £200 a night but no problem as my girlfriends work paid one of the two nights;) had I been paying both nights this review ight be quite different for a value for money calculation
- Lively bar in the evenings
- Courteous front of house staff without being mega friendly but I put that down to the place being crazily busy

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We have a standard hotel that we use when in Edinburgh, but unfortunately it was full the weekend we were looking to stay. I've been to bar on a number of occasions and had heard very positive things about the hotel, so decided to give Tigerlily a try. We weren't disappointed.

We arrived at around 11pm on a Friday evening so were a little concerned check-in would be difficult given it's a busy bar. We were shown immediately to the desk by a member of the door staff through a dedicated door and the check-in itself was painless.

The hotel was pretty large by Edinburgh standards and well appointed (I particularly enjoyed the tv at the end of the bed and the well stocked mini bar). Very modern and nice little touches (iPod with music already loaded).

We had breakfast in the restaurant on the first morning (very good food, friendly quick and attentive service) and breakfast in the room on the second (at no extra charge).

A small quibble would be that you could hear music from the bar, but the bed was so comfortable that we fell straight asleep and had no real issues. I can imagine if you are travelling on business it may be a little off putting.

Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my boyfriend for our 1 year anniversary. We arrived at around 12 and were able to leave our bags and told we would be called when our room was ready. At around 2 the hotel phoned to say it was. We were shown to our junior suite which was simply beautiful!
The room was open, clean and beautifully decorated. The bathroom was also all of these things. As we had informed the hotel it was our anniversary there was a bottle of prosecco and a note wishing us a happy anniversary from the hotel in the room which was a lovely touch!
We had dinner in the hotels resteraunt and the food was delicious. The service was also wonderful.
Overall our stay could not have been better. The hotel is gorgeous and the service was fantastic. Can't wait to return!

• Stayed March 2013
Glenrothes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

After hearing about how good this hotel was, we decided to book the hotel on a recent visit to Edinburgh. It didn't let us down, in fact it proved to be even more of a WOW experience than we had hoped for.
The room was stunning, the attention to luxury and detail is every where to be seen and you can't help but be impressed.
From the moment we arrived till we checked out the whole team at Tigerlily were first class and really added to the experience.
We ate in the restuarant and everything was very well presented and delicious!!! Especially the mushroom risotto we had as a starter.
Breakfast the next morning was just as good and as an extra touch we had it served in bed (at no extra charge).
We both left wanting to return and I'm sure we will before long!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Tigerlily? Share your experiences!