We booked Nira Caledonia for a short two night stay and can highly recommend it as a great place to stay. It is located just a short walk from the centre, in a quiet area near to the new town - and we loved the fact that it was just outside the tourist area. There are some lovely cafes and shops in the new town nearby, and the staff at the hotel gave us some great tips on where to go. We were on the hunt for vintage clothing - and with the help of the staff - discovered some great places to go.
Our room was spacious and comfortable, it was up several flights of stairs and on the top floor, fine for us, but would have been a bit challenging for someone less able. There were some nice touches including Tunnocks marshmallow and biscuits - yum!
We ate in the restaurant the first night and the food was good although much of it was cooked on a charcoal grill - which did make things taste very much all the same. The breakfasts were lovely though, fresh fruit, nice bread and cooked Scottish breakfast - all cooked to perfection. It really set us up for the day.
The outstanding feature of this hotel was the staff - they couldn't do enough for you and were so helpful. Nothing was too much trouble - and for this reason alone we will be back. My husband and I stay in hotels a lot for work, and we wanted something a little special for our two day break. We definitely found this at the Nira Caledonia.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nira Caledonia is surrounded by the cobbled streets and Georgian elegance of New Town, a short stroll from Princes Street, Nira Caledonia is a central yet peaceful Edinburgh retreat. Amid the plush pelmets, rich textures and original cornices you'll find flat-screen televisions, Nespresso coffee machines, complimentary Wi-Fi and iPod docking stations. You'll find warm, heartfelt service and a cool, quirky style. Each of our sumptuous rooms and suites is unique, with its own opulent character. Many have vast floor-to-ceiling sash windows, others open out onto a private garden and some feature a relaxing Jacuzzi. All have new ultra-comfortable beds and pillows of goose feather and down. As a protected Grade A building we don't have a lift, but our porters are always on hand and we offer 24-hour room service. The cuisine at our restaurant is natural, fresh and often organic, with ingredients farmed, caught, raised or bred in Scotland and with over 25 Scotch whiskey blends and single malts, our bar also focuses on local flavours. With a friendly touch - and a touch of theatre - we welcome independent-minded travellers who prefer to go their own way. Come our way. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, Otel, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Nira Caledonia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nira Caledonia Hotel Edinburgh
- Number 10 Edinburgh
- Number 10 Hotel Edinburgh
- Number Ten Edinburgh
- Nira Caledonia Edinburgh, Scotland