Me and my husband decided to visit edinburgh coz inwanted to see the castles and other historical places there. We wanted to stay in a victorian kind of a place on our holiday coz contemporary architecture is all so common.
Nira caledonia was just perfect. It has the feel of old world with the comfort of modern days. Our room was nice and big, but very cozy. We got a beautiful view from the window. we had got an upgrade to a room with jacuzzi fitted bathroom and it was awesome! The staff were very nice and friendly, and were ready to help wherever possible. The breakfast was very good as well with loads of variety and me and my husband would stuff ourselves every morning! Even the food from the bar/restaurant was quite good, but i would sure prefer if they increased the choices on their menu. Although its not a big deal coz theres too many restaurants around it at walking distance.
I would definitely recommend the hotel, especially to couples as it is very cozy and comfortable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nira Caledonia is surrounded by the cobbled streets and Georgian elegance of New Town, a short stroll from Princes Street, Nira Caledonia is a central yet peaceful Edinburgh retreat. Amid the plush pelmets, rich textures and original cornices you'll find flat-screen televisions, Nespresso coffee machines, complimentary Wi-Fi and iPod docking stations. You'll find warm, heartfelt service and a cool, quirky style. Each of our sumptuous rooms and suites is unique, with its own opulent character. Many have vast floor-to-ceiling sash windows, others open out onto a private garden and some feature a relaxing Jacuzzi. All have new ultra-comfortable beds and pillows of goose feather and down. As a protected Grade A building we don't have a lift, but our porters are always on hand and we offer 24-hour room service. The cuisine at our restaurant is natural, fresh and often organic, with ingredients farmed, caught, raised or bred in Scotland and with over 25 Scotch whiskey blends and single malts, our bar also focuses on local flavours. With a friendly touch - and a touch of theatre - we welcome independent-minded travellers who prefer to go their own way. Come our way. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, T4B, Splendia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Jetsetter so you can book your Nira Caledonia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nira Caledonia Hotel Edinburgh
- Number 10 Edinburgh
- Number 10 Hotel Edinburgh
- Number Ten Edinburgh
- Nira Caledonia Edinburgh, Scotland