Recently stayed at this beautiful hidden gem in Edinburgh and loved everything about it. The hotel's location is on a lovely cobbled street which is mostly residential and just a 10 minute walk from the main town centre. The area, Stockbridge is also great for it's gastro pubs, bars and shops.
The room was comfortable, luxurious and characterful. We had a suite with an extra large bathroom with corner jacuzzi bath with big bay windows looking out on to the hilltops. It was just what we needed after a day walking up Edinburghs many hills.
The service in the hotel was also brilliant - the staff were friendly and really helpful. The food at breakfast was of a really high standard and everything was made fresh to order. I can also recommend the hotel's restaurant.
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a boutique hotel experience. It's really romantic and perfect for a weekend break. I would not stay anywhere else if visiting Edinburgh again!
- Also Known As:
- Nira Caledonia Hotel Edinburgh
- Nira Caledonia Hotel
- Number 10 Edinburgh
- Number 10 Hotel Edinburgh
- Number Ten Edinburgh
- Nira Caledonia Edinburgh, Scotland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nira Caledonia is surrounded by the cobbled streets and Georgian elegance of New Town, a short stroll from Princes Street, Nira Caledonia is a central yet peaceful Edinburgh retreat. Amid the plush pelmets, rich textures and original cornices you'll find flat-screen televisions, Nespresso coffee machines, complimentary Wi-Fi and iPod docking stations. You'll find warm, heartfelt service and a cool, quirky style. Each of our sumptuous rooms and suites is unique, with its own opulent character. Many have vast floor-to-ceiling sash windows, others open out onto a private garden and some feature a relaxing Jacuzzi. All have new ultra-comfortable beds and pillows of goose feather and down. As a protected Grade A building we don't have a lift, but our porters are always on hand and we offer 24-hour room service. The cuisine at our restaurant is natural, fresh and often organic, with ingredients farmed, caught, raised or bred in Scotland and with over 25 Scotch whiskey blends and single malts, our bar also focuses on local flavours. With a friendly touch - and a touch of theatre - we welcome independent-minded travellers who prefer to go their own way. Come our way. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Splendia, Tingo, Agoda, Otel, Escapio, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your Nira Caledonia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.