“Charged debit card twice and hasn't responded email” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Twenty

You added Hotel Twenty to your Saves list
Hotel Twenty
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   20 Leopold Place | London Road, Edinburgh EH7 5LB, Scotland (Formerly Richmond House Hotel) (Broughton & Calton)   |
Ranked #121 of 146 Hotels in Edinburgh
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Charged debit card twice and hasn't responded email”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

The room was not bad at all. However, I did have an issue with my debit card. I was charged twice for the room. Since I sent e-mail to hotel on 2 Apr 15, the hotel don't process anything and also don't respond any email, which I have sent more than 10 time. Moreover, I try to call them, but no one answer the call.

Very very disappointing hotel,,,, Keep aware with this hotel !!!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Greek first
Perth,Scotland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here on 24th April overnight after Playhouse visit its handy for this and near bus station rooms comfortable only problem I had was there was no way opening window for air my friend was in room 1 and felt suffocated as heating was on an that was a small room. Not disabled friendly reception down stairs as was breakfast. Needs quite a bit of work but overall a handy hotel for Theatre

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
stoke on trent
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The hotel is in a very good location and the rooms are quite big our room had a double Ben and two single beds good value for money continental breakfast included but only one bloke on duty he did all the breakfasts there is not enough staff has we were there for three days and we at to ask for our room to be cleaned and toilet paper has we ran out its a old building so it's a bit tired

Room Tip: We were on the lower floor it's not noisy but the bed is rickety so when you move it makes a rig...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Inverness, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

A great hotel, well decorated, spacious room and at a great price, central location for city centre shopping, theatres and a variety of different eateries! Proprietor was welcoming, and informed us that they were in the process of renovating the rooms, if the standard of all the rooms were like ours, then anyone will enjoy staying there!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Nottingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We visited on a Saturday night and paid £65 for the room without breakfast. Firstly, whilst I have rated my stay as terrible, there were some positives about this hotel - great location, both ladies on reception were very friendly, nice decor - however, the negatives were so negative, I couldn't score higher.

The negatives were (in no particular order):

1)Our room was downstairs, near the Thai restaurant, so stank of cooking oil. I imagine the rooms upstairs wouldn't have been as bad, but imagine there would still be some odour as the hall upstairs certainly smelled of it.

2)I was awoken at least twice between 5-5:30am by a male member of staff stomping back and forth next to our room, loudly complaining (and swearing) about Jane/Jean (he was clearly a staff member as ours was the only room downstairs and he was clunking about in the kitchen and reception). Regardless of who Jane/Jean is and what she'd done, this is still highly unprofessional and a really poor way for a paying guest to start the day at 5am!

3)The shower. It feels like I'm breaking the trades description act to call it a shower. It was a minuscule trickle of either ice cold, lukewarm or scalding hot water - we gave up in the end - I have had better showers at festivals and in East European dormitories...and that is saying something!

4)And now for the gross part: whilst looking for a hairdryer (don't waste your time, you have to ask at reception), I opened the bedside drawer...only to find the soiled underwear of a previous guest. Thanks for not clearing those up, previous guest and hotel cleaning staff. Gruesome. I will upload the photo I took.

And on that foul note, I will end this review.

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Dundee, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Plusses:

1. Good price. I got a single ensuite room for two nights for £25 via laterooms, which was very reasonable.

2. Great location. Very central, but for Edinburgh City Centre, and also the Easter Road area where I was working.

Minuses:

1. The size of the bathroom. Understandable to have quite a small room since it was a single, but the size of the ensuite caused difficulties. The sink was way too close to the toilet, and I had to basically turn and sit at a funny angle because there was so little room. (I'm overweight, but not massively obese or anything.). Definitely not suitable for anyone too large.

2. Wifi. Great to have wifi included, but it was incredibly temperamental, had to keep re-starting it.

3. Window. Window was open as it's very hot weather, but despite a lot of efforts I could not figure out how to close it - (big old-fashioned style window) meaning that there was a lot from noise outside at night, as well as quite cold.

4. Telephone. The sign outside says all rooms have telephones, but this wasn't the case, for my room at least there was none.

5. Accidentally left some stuff in the top drawer of the chest of drawers. Realised and went back that evening - unfortunately these included my house keys so very important! My fault for leaving them, but was surprised to find that when cleaning the room after I left the drawers don't get checked, so no one had found them, and there was now someone else staying in the room, so had to be interrupted .

6. Staff. Staff member when I checked in and out (same person) was very friendly, but staff member when I went back for the stuff I'd accidentally left behind was quite grumpy and unfriendly. Didn't leave me with a lasting good impression at all.

7. Breakfast time. Good to have breakfast included in the price, but was disappointed that it only starts at 8am, especially since it's not a cooked breakfast. Most places seem to start at 7:30am latest, if not earlier. Starting so late meant I couldn't avail of it, as had to leave for work locally.

Overall ok given the price and location, but not sure that I'd go back.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Was not what it looks like on the website. Got there to disgusting enterance. Had a really bad smell to it. Staff are unhelpful. The room was minging it stunk the duvet was minging. The bathroom was absolutely disgusting. Would not recommend this hotel to anyone. It is most certainly not a hotel!!!

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Twenty? Share your experiences!