We chose this guest house due to it being closed to the Waverley train station and also the coach station right next door.
What we discovered when we arrived is a wonderful guest house with the most helpful host and staff! Location is absolutely convenient. With a shopping centre within minutes walk, plenty of pubs and restaurants around. Royal Mile is only about 5-10minutes walk. Breakfast every morning was lovely and very filling!
We have been travelling for 3 weeks and needed some laundry done. We couldn't find any laundromat around and when we asked Alan about this, he offered to do our laundry for us! What a lovely surprise.
The accommodation is on the 3rd floor, so it won't be for anyone with difficulty climbing lots of stairs.
Definitely highly recommended if you're in Edinburgh!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- No smoking, homely guest house on 3rd and 4th floor of a grade A listed building, very central location, clean and comfortable with a highly recommended breakfast to suite all appetites. Small pets welcome on agreement, very helpful staff. We aim to please. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Elder York Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elder York Guest House Hotel Edinburgh
- Elder York Guest House Edinburgh, Scotland