My husband and I stayed here for a couple of days whilst visiting Edinburgh. The first room we were given had a terrible smell of urine coming from the bathroom, we notified reception and they changed our room straight away. The next room was better but still drab and dreary. The rooms are tired and bare and could really do with a facelift. Unfortunately our room was right next to the railway track so was very noisy. The bathroom was bare with no shampoo or soap except for the dispenser on the shower wall which didn't work anyway. We required an iron and ironing board as we were meeting friends for dinner at an upmarket restaurant, however these are few and far between as they have to be requested through the front desk and unfortunately were all in use. The staff said they would deliver as soon as one is returned however we had to leave before it was available. Wifi is £10 for 24 hours which is extortionate given most hotels provide this free of charge. The three things I would say positively about this hotel were the restaurant attached which was great for dinner and service. I probably wouldn't prepay for the premier breakfast again as you can purchase breakfast without prepaying for less. The location is great for traveling into Edinburgh City only 10 on the train which is just a few minutes walk away and last but not least, the wonderful staff who were always polite and willing to assist with every request, we couldn't fault them and they even refunded a nights stay due us being unsatisfied with the accommodation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- NEWLY REFURBISHED HOTEL The Premier Inn Edinburgh (Newcraighall) is ideal for all occasions. Shopping, party nights, family getaways or romantic weekend breaks. Everything you need and more surround us! Our 42 en-suite bedroom hotel offers clean and comfortable rooms, Tea and coffee making facilities, bath with shower, TVs in every room and a 24-hour reception as standard. Free car parking is available on site. The hotel is situated just off the A1 near Musselburgh. The Fort Kinnaird Retail Park is within walking distance form the hotel and the Newcraighall Bannatyne’s Heath Centre is right next-door. We are 8 minutes by train into the city centre of Edinburgh; the station is opposite our hotel and runs frequently Monday to Saturday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Premier Inn, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Newcraighall) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Edinburgh (Newcraighall) Hotel Edinburgh
- Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Newcraighall) Scotland