“Saved the day!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Saved the day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2011

After scheduled work to our house in Edinburgh when terribly wrong, myself and my partner found ourselves in the position that we had to move out from our home for 6 nights. Thankfully we called the guest house and they had room to accommodate us. The room was a great size with a sofa and dining table and satellite television. During what was a really stressful time, I found myself relaxed and enjoying my stay in the guest house. Our Host, Martin ensured we had everything we could have wished for and breakfast was offered to us every morning before we rushed out the door to head to work. I would recommend the guest house to everyone. Thanks for looking after us!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Polish first
Peterborough
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2011

We stayed in the family room with our teenage son for two nights at the end of Janary 2011. This large, well appointed room was warm and well ordered, with an amazing view of the skyline of Edinburgh, including the castle. We were extremely impressed with the thought that has obviously been given to the needs of guests, with nice touches such as internet access, umberellas, hairdryers and ironing facilites being readily available. There are many breakfast options, from toast and cereal to full English/Scottish, which was expertly cooked using fresh premium ingredients. Martin was very welcoming and helpful, offering infomation on the local attractions. The city centre is easily reached on foot, although the guest house is also well served by local buses.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2011

Arrived in Edinburgh un expectantly as my wife was taken to hospital. I required a place to stay and came across the Garfield who could luckily give me a room. The only one left was a large double and they were more than happy to give me a single occupancy rate - great value! The guest house is warm with friendly and helpful staff - was just what I needed. I would definitely return when hopefully under better circumstances. Would highly recommend to anyone.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Scottish Highlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2010

We use Garfield regularly when attending hospital clinics at the Western General hospital. Due to awful snow and Perth being totally closed we were stuck for two hours and then had to take a huge detour to get to Garfield. I had phoned Martin to explain and he left our key in the hall and gave me the code for the front door so we could arrive as late as we needed to. He even offered to keep our room until we knew we could get home safely at the other end of the trip. Staff are helpful and very caring. It really is our home from home.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2010

The guy (Martin?) is very friendly on the phone and in person. He also gave directions to some great local eateries. I didn't use them but was impressed to see numerous iron/ironing boards available for use in the lobby. The room was a nice bright room, nice and clean and well equipped with a flat screen. I don't normally eat breakfast but it was so cold outside I thought I needed the fuel. Glad I did - very nice cooked breakfast served almost instantly.

Would definitely come back to stay here next time i'm in Edinburgh.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2010

Martin, the host made us feel very welcome. He was very helpful with advice on the local area. Good size room, very clean and nicely decorated. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and especially the cooked breakfast.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2010

Upbeat reception of the landlord Martin.
Clean modern comfortable rooms.
En-suite ,with plentiful supply of hot water.
TV ,coffee in the room with internet and radio down stairs.
Excellent breakfast with various options.
Dinning room is laminated and clean.
There is plentiful information for the tourist side of Edinburgh.
The landlord was always polite and informative.
On a whole i was always relaxed and ready for work.
A most easy and stress free stay.
Always settled in a clean comfy bedding,rose to a hot shower and breakfast.
With good humour to send me merrily of to work.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Been to Garfield Guest House? Share your experiences!