“Perfect Room for Five in Edinburgh” 5 of 5 stars

Garfield Guest House
264 Ferry Rd., Edinburgh EH5 3AN, Scotland   |
Ranked #86 of 445 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Perfect Room for Five in Edinburgh”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We lucked into the perfect guest house for our family of five. At times it is difficult to find accommodations for a family larger than 4. We also did not want to be in the middle of downtown trying to drive on the left with a left-handed stick shift. The Garfield Guest House is a short distance from town, the tourist bus and city bus pick up just outside the front door, and the parking is free across the street.

Our room had a KING BED, a single and a bunk bed. It has a private bath with shower and an awesome view of Edinburgh Castle out of the large bay window. It also is immaculately clean.

I cannot say enough about our hosts Martin and Michelle. We had been camping for an extensive period prior to our arrival and Michelle took ALL of our laundry (family of 5) and washed it. She left it folded for us and there was no extra charge. Martin talked with my wife and I about Edinburgh and South Africa late into the evening. They both are incredibly friendly and will do anything to insure that your stay is perfect.

Breakfast is free and the smoked salmon is local and yummy. Can't say the same about the haggis.

It is nice to get away from downtown and relax in the evenings. Things are quiet and the Garfield is a great place to plan your next assault of the Royal Mile. Buses pick up right outside the front door (literally). A cab ride from the middle of the Royal Mile was 7.5 pounds.

I will definitely stay here on our next trip to Edinburgh! The kids love it as well.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Jedburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Immaculately presented little Guest house that I have to recommend to anyone travelling on a budget. The warmest welcome awaits in a clean comfortable house with the loveliest views of my favourite city.(as a Scot of course I'm biased ) It was a lovely change to be away from the hustle & bustle of the city centre giving us a some thinking & planning time! yet everything was within easy reach on a short bus ride. Beds were incredibly comfortable and rooms really spacious with everything we needed in the room and irons & hairdryers on the landing.There was an excellent choice for breakfast which couldnt have been beaten by a larger hotel with a portion to set you up for the whole day, do try the scrambled egg & salmon my friend had this on both morning. Michelle & Martin are a mine of information and were so helpful with anything we asked. There is also a little licensed restaurant for an evening meal if you fancy a cosy night in. Highly recommended

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Rothesay, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Just stayed there for one night but was really pleased. Very nice room and dining room and the breakfast was excellent. Martin made us most welcome and I would have no hesitation in recommending it to anybody

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

They made me feel welcome from the minute I initially called for booking.

On arrival I was met by Martin who made me feel at home. Michelle was also wonderful & couldn't do enough to help.

My room was v clean & the bed really comfy .. It was a good size room & very well maintained.

Dinner I ate at the guest house & was surprised to hear they offered home made, stone baked pizzas with authentic Italian oven, v tasty I must say. This was accompanied by a lovely glass of vino then after a freshly ground home roasted expresso with local scottish tablet mm mm mmm

I shall be back without a doubt.. Gd work Garfield & look forward to seeing you all again..

Adios x

• Stayed June 2013
Newbury, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

My friend and I stayed here for two nights after staying right in the city of Edinburgh and it was such a great feeling to be out of the hustle and bustle. As soon as we walked in we got a warm, friendly welcome, nothing was a problem and Michelle was so nice and helpful. The beds were comfy and the rooms are nice and cosy. Breakfast in the morning was freshly cooked and was wonderful. Overall I strongly recommend anyone to stay here!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Bunbury, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Make you feel very welcome from the moment you arrive & the hosts Martin & Michelle will go out of their way to make sure your stay is a memorable one. Good Scottish breakfast ever morning will set you up for the day & having the view of the whole town at the front door is like having a postcard with you all the time. The rooms are spotless & guarantee a good nights sleep. Having free parking over the road & bus stop outside with buses direct to the city centre is an added bonus. We will definitely be staying there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Elgin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Made you feel welcome,stayed for one night with my husband,would go back with my family.The breakfast was so good special the mushrooms.The room was comfortable, spotless with plenty of tea ,coffee ,sugar and milk.parking was free just across the road.Martin and Michelle provide a great place to stay.we will be back in the near future!!!! (That's if we can book a room for this very popular hotel/ b&b).

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Garfield Guest House? Share your experiences!