We just returned to Australia after a less than satisfactory stay at this Guest House. I booked the accommodation some months ago and was taken in by the pictures of what appeared to be large rooms with four poster beds and I foolishly thought that for 130 pounds per night that was what we would get. How wrong was I! We were stuck in a small cramped attic room in which the person lying on the right hand side of the bed could have done themselves an injury if they had jumped out of bed in the middle of the night and stood up - as there was a low solid overhang in the ceiling adjacent to the bed. The amount of strorage space for clothes was pitiful and my wife and I found ourselves trying to live out of and negotiate 2 large cases and 2 items of hand luggage. Whilst the owners were helpful this did not compensate for what was very poor value for money, I cringe to think what this would have cost us in Aussie $ terms a few years ago as it would have equated to over $300 per night. As it was it was equivalent to around $180 per night for less than which we got to stay in a fabulous hotel in Singapore called the Traders on our way back - check it out and compare. Also in the nights before our visit to Edinburgh we stayed at a McDonald's Hotel - Linden Hall in Morpeth, Northumberland, an old Georgian Manor House - 65 pounds per night including breakfast and access to sauna, spa and heated pool. I know it is the high season at this time of year in Edinburgh and we did only stay for 3 nights but really - the tariff should reflect the standard of room provided and not merely be one price and you take pot luck with what you get. You also have to remember this place is stuck out in Leith to so charging a premium price is even harder to justify. Oh I nearly forgot - you do get access to fast Wi-Fi internet though - whoopee!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sandaig...overlooking the historic Leith Links park. All rooms have En-suite facilities. Complimentary drink on arrival. Free Wi Fi, Hospitality Tray, Radio Alarm Clock, I Pod Docking Station, Hairdryer, Iron & Ironing board. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, HostelBookers, Expedia, Despegar.com, Priceline, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Sandaig Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandaig Guest House Hotel Edinburgh
- Sandaig Guest House Edinburgh, Scotland