“The best host I've ever met!” 5 of 5 stars

Blacket Garden Flat
46C Blacket Place, Edinburgh EH9 1RJ, Scotland   |
Ranked #90 of 440 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Nyiregyhaza, Hungary
“The best host I've ever met!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

It felt like I would be at home. Isobel was kind and lovely, helped a lot. We really liked the beautiful garden, the room was so pretty, comfortable, fully equipped (with little snacks, drinks and fruits as well), and the house was stylish. The breakfast was awsome, I must recommend the Scottish breakfast!
We have spent 2 nights in the guesthouse, it was so quiet, and calm to sleep there.

Thank you again, and next time we visit Edinburgh it is sure, that we will choose Blacket Garden Flat again!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Trinidad
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

I spent 5 nights at Isobel and Jimmy's lovely B&B, and it was one of my best decisions yet. The level of service and warmth is unmatched and hands down if you're ever in Edinburgh, this is the place to stay. The room I stayed in was huge, and comfortable. I had everything I needed, with lots of extras.

Isobel makes a lovely breakfast every morning, and unlike other B&B I have been to, there is about 4-5 items you can choose from on the menu, not just the traditional full scottish or continental.

The B&B is a 20-25mins walk to the Royal Mile or you can just take the bus and you're there in 5mins. Holyrood Park is an easy 15mins walk away. The next time I am in Edinburgh I hope to snag one of those rooms.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Kobe,Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

Mis Isobel was very kind for us so we could have comfortable 5-day stay during the Scotland trip this summer. First of all I have to say about the perfectly nice morning meals, it was very nice to start up every day's going. And the accomodation was pretty good. I was very attracted to see the beautiful garden though it was small but was well managed much.
I've travelled five times in Uk before and this is the first time to Scotland. I was completely overwhelmed by the natural beauty of Scotland. I 'll be back to Sctland again and I'd like to to enjoy the gorgeous scenery using the Blacket Garden Flat as a base camp.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Hamilton, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

After reading loads of reviews on here I chose Blacket Garden Flat and was pleased I did - it was exactly as everyone else had described it - we all loved it! Hubby and I were travelling with our daughter, son-in-law and 23 month old grandson and Isobel and Jas made us all feel very much at home. It was our Kiwi son-in-law's first UK trip and first time staying in a B & B and he was impressed. The rooms are just lovely, beds comfortable and the breakfast was superb, lots of choices, beautifully presented, and we loved the fresh fruit to start with. I also appreciated all the little touches which we have never had in any other B & B's: fruit, sweets, snacks, drinks, etc, thank you so much. Bus stop to town just around the corner and plenty of eating places nearby, and toddler friendly too (special mention to the Italian restaurant owner who made us feel relaxed with our grandson.) We stayed two nights and wish it could have been longer - I can't recommend this B & B enough, it is the best I have ever stayed at :)

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Gatineau, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2011

Stayed with Isobel and Jimmy 4 days early May 2011 with my mom and we couldn't be happier with our stay. Good location, very nice and clean room, delicious breakfast. I find it amazing how they manage to offer such professional and efficient service, and at the same time being very friendly and genuine. A true gem in Edinburgh. We have fond memories of our stay at Blacket Garden. We liked it so much we booked a 5th night before flying back home. Isobel and Jimmy made our trip to Scotland very special and we can't thank them enough for that. They're the best!!!

• Stayed May 2011
Kent England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2011

Another excellent stay with Isobel and Jas. The service was excellent, as ever. The room and breakfasts were wonderful- this is as good as it gets.

Isobel and Jas are the perfect hosts- what a treat to find this service at very fair prices!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2010

On our our second trip to Edinburgh this year we stayed at Blacket Garden Flat again & are very happy that we did. We travelled towards the end of November and were caught in the snowstorm of the century. In March it was volcanic ash and t his time it was snowflakes - & lots of them! We had to re-book 3 times before finally bussing to Glasgow to fly out. Isobel and Jimmy went above and beyond the whole time we were there, giving up their computer, their phone, their sleep and never losing their patience nor their friendly, welcoming manner. Jimmy was up to see us off at 3 am and neither of them were surprised when we turned up on the doorstep later that morning. The room and breakfasts were excellent and the fresh strawberries - in November - were wonderful. We had a chance to get to know Jimmy's local rather well, met grandchildren, and felt like we were treated as well as family would be. I don't like being a 'high-maintenance guest' but we became just that this trip and Isobel and Jimmy couldn't have handled it any better than they did.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Blacket Garden Flat? Share your experiences!