The hotel is very convenient for the centre of Edinburgh and the room was spacious and well equipped. Breakfast is served in a bistro type place next door in the basement and was excellent. The thing that makes this an extra special place is the people running it. They couldn't be more helpful and friendly and as others have mentioned, nothing is too much trouble. I'd definitely recoomend number 53. Only one thing to point out for some people is that you need to be able to climb stairs as the rooms are on the second floor and there is no lift.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- No. 53 Frederick Street, bed and breakfast in Edinburgh is perfectly situated in the very heart of the city centre, providing a magnificent yet unique spacious central home to explore Edinburgh, separated from Edinburgh Castle only by the Gardens! The Edinburgh B&B accommodation is an original Georgian townhouse situated on the second and third floors, that dates from circa 1820, and many of the original features have been carefully retained. This is an elegant and extremely spacious guest house, typified in a welcoming open hall with feature bow wall and staircase to upper floor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your 53 Frederick Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 53 Frederick Street Hotel Edinburgh
- 53 Frederick Street Edinburgh, Scotland