This is a guesthouse above a hair salon. Follow the steps up, even the stone steps. At this point I thought "what have I let myself in for?" Actually I let myself in for a warm, friendly welcome by Tessa who shown me maps and leaflets and a comfortable lounge on arrival. Breakfast is in the restaurant downstairs and you are given a voucher for that. Then I was shown to my room. The room I booked was with a double bed and the room was really spacious, complete with chandalier very comfortable with en-suite. The room doesn't stop there, it had a large comfortable sofa, tv and kettle with teas and offee and ample space in the wardrobe for a short city break. The lounge has DVDs to borrow for your room and also has a PC for internet access. I was a lone traveller and felt very safe and at ease in this guesthouse. Tessa was good at giving directions to different streets too.
The location is very central. It is a side street off of Prince's Street. So it is all in walking distance of all the main attractions Edinburgh has to offer such as galleries and museums and also shops, restaurants and a spa. I would certainly have no hesitation on returning to this guesthouse.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- No. 53 Frederick Street, bed and breakfast in Edinburgh is perfectly situated in the very heart of the city centre, providing a magnificent yet unique spacious central home to explore Edinburgh, separated from Edinburgh Castle only by the Gardens! The Edinburgh B&B accommodation is an original Georgian townhouse situated on the second and third floors, that dates from circa 1820, and many of the original features have been carefully retained. This is an elegant and extremely spacious guest house, typified in a welcoming open hall with feature bow wall and staircase to upper floor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your 53 Frederick Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 53 Frederick Street Hotel Edinburgh
- 53 Frederick Street Edinburgh, Scotland