Stayed here in April, wanted to add my support to the very many positive reviews that this hotel rightfully receives.
Much time and thought have clearly been invested in building the aesthetic of the place over a number of years. In the bar and restaurant areas there is something new and interesting to look at - new quirks of design emerge each time you take a look. They are great places to begin and end the day.
The rooms are great, well appointed and spotlessly clean.I'm not sure I agree with the comment about it being a little way from the centre - it really isn't that far.
Service is extremely attentive and the welcome very warm. The owners have this down to a fine art - always on hand but never invasive or overbearing. They were great.
The dog is the most laid-back, chilled-out creature ever invented - Bob Marley with paws. Nothing fazes him/her and he/she certainly will not be jumping on your lap and trying to nick your sausage at breakfast. Far too cool for that, me thinks. A great mascot for the place.
I'd go back there, and plan to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A warm Scottish welcome awaits at the Hotel Ceilidh-donia, Edinburgh. Hotel Ceilidh-Donia Edinburgh offers great value three star accommodation when visiting Edinburgh, the historic capital city of Scotland. Max and Annette Preston, together with their children Hayley and Struan, invite you to enjoy your holiday, City break or business trip in Edinburgh at the Hotel Ceilidh-donia with full facility accommodation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Ceilidh-Donia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ceilidh Donia Hotel Edinburgh
- Hotel Ceilidh-Donia Edinburgh, Scotland