Had a heavenly Hogmanay in lovely Edinburgh, and at the charming Hotel Ceilidh-Donia where we spent 3 nights. Our first floor room was spotlessly clean and well presented, with an immaculate and modern bathroom, and we could see Arthurs Seat from the large bay window.The hotel has lots of character and charm, as do the owners Maxx and Annette! We spent a fun evening chatting with Maxx and sampling the finest Scottish whiskies in the bar. The delicious Full British Breakfast helped us on our way every morning, and all the guests were left mini bottles of Cava and Chocolates in their rooms on New Years Eve, which was a nice touch. The location of the hotel is good too, not far from the city centre by bus (few mins walk to bus stop) but in a lovely quiet residential street, and walkable to Arthurs Seat where you can have a bracing climb and take in some great views of the City. It's a lovely, friendly and relaxing place to stay and I would recommend it highly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A warm Scottish welcome awaits at the Hotel Ceilidh-donia, Edinburgh. Hotel Ceilidh-Donia Edinburgh offers great value three star accommodation when visiting Edinburgh, the historic capital city of Scotland. Max and Annette Preston, together with their children Hayley and Struan, invite you to enjoy your holiday, City break or business trip in Edinburgh at the Hotel Ceilidh-donia with full facility accommodation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Ceilidh-Donia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ceilidh Donia Hotel Edinburgh
- Hotel Ceilidh-Donia Edinburgh, Scotland