This is probably the best B&B I've stayed in this far. We were given a spacious room (room no 7) on the 3rd and highest floor. It had a big toilet which I liked very much! There were loads of thoughtful touches in the room and throughout the hotel, and the Duck Island toiletries smelled good!
Breakfast was far from a simple affair. You could choose from a respectable variety of food offerings. I highly recommend the Full British (or English) breakfast and yes, that includes the haggis which are a must try!
The owners were friendly and helpful and I liked the modern decor of the hotel and of course the 2 adorable golden retrievers laying about. Even if you are not dog lovers, the dogs are very well trained and docile.
The location was ideal for us because we rented a car and we wanted a place with ample (and free) parking space, that was close to the action (Royal Mile etc). We were advised to take a bus into the City Center as parking was expensive and some roads were under construction. However, it was too cold for us so we drove to town anyway. Parking was expensive (about GBP10.80 for less than four hours) but not prohibitively so - we parked at Castle Terrace.
Overall, a very pleasant B&B experience which sets the bar high. I'm always going to compare all my hotel and B&B stays to this one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A warm Scottish welcome awaits at the Hotel Ceilidh-donia, Edinburgh. Hotel Ceilidh-Donia Edinburgh offers great value three star accommodation when visiting Edinburgh, the historic capital city of Scotland. Max and Annette Preston, together with their children Hayley and Struan, invite you to enjoy your holiday, City break or business trip in Edinburgh at the Hotel Ceilidh-donia with full facility accommodation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Ceilidh-Donia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ceilidh Donia Hotel Edinburgh
- Hotel Ceilidh-Donia Edinburgh, Scotland