“Good city centre location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Edinburgh City Centre

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Edinburgh City Centre to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Edinburgh City Centre
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   34 Bread Street, Edinburgh EH3 9AF, Scotland (South Side)   |
Special Offer
Save 25% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #52 of 144 Hotels in Edinburgh
UK
“Good city centre location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This is pretty much a standard Doubletree hotel. Although in an excellent city centre location there is nothing that really makes it stand out. Having said that, our two night stay in a castle view room was fine. Although somewhat small (not unusual in a city-centre property) the room was more than adequate for our purposes and we were not bothered by any noise. Staff friendly and helpful and the breakfast was OK.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I stayed here for a couple of nights on business and fail to fault the check in or the room - it was nothing amazing and the best wasn't the most comfortable I've had - but it was good quality.

What makes me give the low rating was the lack of air conditioning. Normally this wouldn't be an issue, but the building is built within a facade and as such has no opening windows, leaving you totally reliant on the A/C.

When I checked in, I was not informed of any issues and it was only when I got to the room that I found it stifling. Attempts to get the aircon to work failed, and so I sheepishly called reception for assistance. They implied that it was my fault and that they'd send round an engineer who could maybe 'help me work it out'.
The engineer arrived with a fan and told me that the aircon in the whole building was not working - so hoped that this may help. Although it was a nice touch, the warm air was unbearable and I slept on top of my sheets in nothing (and I love a good snuggle under the duvet!).

There was never an apology from the reception staff when over the next evening I checked when the aircon may be working again, and I was simply informed that "the engineers were working on it today".

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Souni, Cyprus
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Convenient location,very friendly and efficient staff,excellent breakfast and dining selection. A special mention for Alex in restaurant. Original room 111 was very noisy as it was on first floor directly opposite the public bar across the road. We were given a room on 4th floor thereafter. Heating did not work however we were promptly given a small effective heater.

Springvale, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My husband and I stayed at this newly refurbished hotel for 3 nights recently. We took a very quick trip to Edinburgh for his 40th birthday and chose this hotel based on location. The hotel is gorgeous from the moment you pull up to the curb. Florin at the front desk checked us in and we saw him several times over the weekend- what a friendly, fun and helpful person!
Our room had a great view of the castle and it was quite big for UK standards. The floor to ceiling black out curtains really helped adjust to the time difference. The bathroom was very nicely done and the water pressure was excellent.
The whole hotel has complimentary WiFi and we received free breakfast with my HiltonHonors Gold status. The restaurant is the Bread Street Brasserie- breakfast was very good and the dinner was excellent!
This hotel offers a very quick walk every where that we went- especially to the Cowgate and the Royal Mile areas of the city. I will stay here again for sure!

Edinburgh, Dominica
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I booked early so got good rate. Hotel room was clean tidy and the bed very comfortable... I slept on next day with no disturbance. Location central to Edinburgh amenities. I would of liked Hotel bar to stay open later.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

aberdeen, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Got put in room 123, although had phoned twice before arriving to confirm that room suitable for swimmer who need to be up very early to compete as Scottish Short Course. But got the room above the pub, which had extremely loud music and chat (I could hear every record the words and all) until about 1.30am. Did get moved for the next night to a nicer room with no music.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends

England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Good business-oriented hotel. Clean, modern, if slightly boring. On arrival I was offered a choice rooms, I was able to select either a castle-view room on the 1st floor, or a quiet room in the back of the hotel. As this was a business trip, and I particularly value my sleep I chose the quiet room. It was indeed wonderfully quiet. Coupled with a comfortable bed I had no trouble getting a good sleep each night.

The warm cookie on arrival was a nice touch as was the basket of complimentary apples on the front desk.

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Edinburgh City Centre? Share your experiences!