“Above and beyond above our expectations, amazing!” 5 of 5 stars

0131 556 6776
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Vinyasa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #71 of 1,901 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Doing business
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Welcome to Vinyasa! Edinburgh's new finest Indian restaurant located in the heart of our great city. Visit us today or visit our website to find out more
“Above and beyond above our expectations, amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I were celebrating ours very first anniversary together and on the Tuesday night we decided that we would go to an Indian restaurant for our years anniversary as its our favourite food! The service was amazing, the manager and his staff couldn't do enough for us. The food was a different class and the portion sizes were massive so we took it back to our hotel and ate it all! YUM! Would definitely return again and recommend to friends and family, better than anything in Glasgow.

Hello there my friend...

Thank you for your kind words and support towards Team Vinyasa.

We hope you enjoyed your first anniversary and I would like to congratulate you again, and we are all delighted we made your night special.

I remember you both ( lovely couple ) you were sat near the birthday party near the large party booth!

We do give generously portions and we always offer our customers to take it away if there's any left, as it does taste as good the next day lol...

Thank you again my friends and we hope you had a safe journey back to Glasgow.

Team Vinyasa :)

“Amazing meal, fantastic staff, made our holiday !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

From the start our experience was fantastic! The service was second to none with polite staff and a wonderful atmosphere. As for the food, well the only word I can describe it with is fantastic. Every dish was so fresh and cooked to order, the flavours were just amazing and well worth the money we spent. Would defiantly visit again and would recommend this place to anyone 5 stars at least !!

Hello there my friend...

Myself and Team Vinyasa would like to thank you for this great support.

It really make us all love what we do best when we get feedback like this from our lovely diners, it's what we do best and it does pay off our hard work us seeing customers leave with a smile on their face!

We are all delighted you enjoyed your experience and thank you again my friend.

Galway, Ireland
“Wonderful restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Superb family run restaurant! The food is authentic and delicious. The staff are very friendly, courteous and helpful. I am an Edinburgh native and this indian is truly my favourite.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hello there my friend...

Thank you for taking the time to write this lovely review.

We are all delighted you enjoyed our authentic food and experience with us.

Team Vinyasa try to treat all customers with care as it is how we would like to be treated when we dine out too.

Thank you again my friend and we hope to see you again soon.

Team Vinyasa. :)
London, United Kingdom
“A wonderful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

A friend and I visited Edinburgh last weekend and were deciding on a place to dine out. I had rarely been to an Indian restaurant before and was sceptical at first but my friend persuaded me to go to this place very near to where we were staying. When the food arrived and we started eating I was totally converted! The Tandoori Murgh (a classic dish of roasted chicken marinated in yogurt and spices) was simply wonderful and beautifully prepared. The accompanying vegetable and rice dishes were superb and the drink we chose (Cobra lager) was perfect. The meal was a delight for the palate and all the senses. On top of that the service was first class - all the staff really care about their customers. Without hesitation I would heartily recommend this brilliant restaurant to anyone who wants to experience superlative Indian cuisine.

Rumel M, Owner at Vinyasa, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Hello there my friends...

Myself and Team Vinyasa would like to thank you for your kind words and support.

We are really delighted you enjoyed your experience with us at Vinyasa and it was a great pleasure meeting and serving you both.

I am delighted you enjoyed your tandoori murgh and we hope next time you can try other dishes and maybe one day we can convert you to a Naga Murg ( very spicy / popular dish )

Grand-pops was really happy when he read this review and thanks you personally for the kind words and the support really boosts the whole of Team Vinyasa to do what they do best!

( Grand-Pops said HELLO to you and Stephan )

Thank you again my friend and we hope to see you next time your in Edinburgh.

Pune
“Terrible Restaurant management”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Avoid on busy nights or when restaurant is full as they cant handle it! We visited this restaurant on a saturday night and were made to wait for 10 minutes for a table ... during this time we asked for menus and were told each person had to order a main dish to share which is just ridiculous. we then waited ONE HOUR for our food to arrive and kept getting told that its on it way when we started walking out the supposed restaurant manager told us that the delay was because they had a large group of 5-7 people and thus the kitchen was busy and that our food was just being prepared. having just returned from being on the road for 3 days we sat back down.

the food was passable, lacked salt and proper spices ... being Indian I can very safely say the food is NOT authentic as they claim it to be. Will certainly not be visiting again.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Hello...

I remember exactly who you are and yes we were busy and we did tell you the food was going to be half hour and you were happy to come In and order! Your food did not take 1hour.. It was ready within 40mins since you came in.

We were very busy and if you go anywhere else you will not receive your food within 20mims if the restaurant is full!

We did not have a free table to give you at first and you were happy to wait while we organised a table for you 5!

And I would also like to point out that you did NOT try to leave and we did not try to stop you as we don't force any customers to eat at our restaurant if they are not happy for any reason.

And you also mentioned that we told you it's a one main dish per person policy which was not true and we said you must have more than one main dish BETWEEN the 5 of you, I was not happy that 5 adults wanted to share a main dish with two side dishes. This is not acceptable! Your food was not delayed because of 5 - 7 people, we had a party of 20 people and 9 people and the restaurant was full!!

Thanks for taking the time to write your review