“Champagne afternoon tea” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Peacock Alley at Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian

Peacock Alley at Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian
Princes Street, Edinburgh EH1 2AB, Scotland (West End)
+44 131 222 8800
Cuisines: Coffee Shop, English, Tea Room, Scottish
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: West End
Description: Inspired by the grand social promenade that connected the original Waldorf and Astoria hotels, Peacock Alley transpires grace and sophistication. It is the epicentre of The Waldorf Astoria social scene for afternoon tea, pre reception cocktails or an elegant night cap to put an end to a perfect day. Our gifted pastry chefs create a seasonal afternoon tea menu that can only be matched by the finest teas this world has to offer while our experienced team craft classic and exclusive Waldorf Astoria cocktails, using only the finest liquors and freshest ingredients. Here is to be found the essence of the unique and unforgettable Waldorf Astoria experience. Peacock Alley - "A Place To See And Be Seen".
scotland
“Champagne afternoon tea”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We enjoyed a wonderful afternoon - selection of cakes and sandwiches was excellent. The service was 5 star and nothing was too much trouble. The champagne was lovely and cold and went down a treat. The hotel has recently had an upgrade and the Peacock Alley is a relaxing place to spend a few hours. Highly reecommended

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Nostalgic afternoon tea”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

My son and his girlfriend recently treated me to afternoon tea here for my birthday.
What a delightful afternoon!
The chairs were comfortable and the tables well spaced. The room was light and airy. The staff were friendly and attentive.
There was a choice of 20 teas or other drinks were available.
The cake stand groaned under sandwiches, home baked scones with cream and jam and a stunning array of cakes and pastries. The waiter must have noticed the expression on my face for he was quick to reassure us that if we could not manage to eat everything a box would be provided for us to take home what remained.
I remembered the Caledonian as a railway station when as a young child I travelled with my parents on a stream train to go on our summer holiday.
A wonderful way to spend an afternoon whether you are a visitor or a local resident.
Don't miss it!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Afternoon Tea Peacock Alley”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Have you ever trawled trip advisor or the wider net in search of the perfect afternoon tea? Look no further. Stop off and have afternoon tea and I would be gobsmacked if you were disappointed. It's a wonderful, lighty and airey destination. Lots of natural light! Fantastic mural! Great service! Oh and don't forget the afternoon tea. I took my two daughters for a pre wedding treat. Both plumped for the top of the range afternoon tea having spied lemon meringue pie as one of the mini deserts. The bottle of obligatory bubbly was a bit steep but hey what the heck your daughter only gets married once (mmmmm in my case twice seems to be the norm). We had a divine time and there was plenty left over for the man about the house on our return packaged up beautifully in a box that we safely navigated around a further few Edinburgh bars. All in all a sumptuous treat. Look out for some fabulous offers which I sincerely hope will not spoil the quality of one of the best afternoon teas I have enjoyed. And I have done a few. Enjoy!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Edinburgh, UK
“Poor Service at Afternoon Tea”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

My wife and I had enjoyed a champagne high tea at the newly refurbished Caledonia hotel a few weeks. However we had a miserable experience when we arrived yesterday for another visit. Not only was the greeting on arrival a brusque 'do you have a reservation' we were then ignored when we said no. Eventually another member of staff sat us in the most uncomfortable seats in the room and left us for 15 mins without taking our order. She remained at her post studiously ignoring us. Bottom- line as a customer of both the Excellent new Galvin restaurant and having had a good experience previously at afternoon tea yesterday's performance left us disappointed to the extent I plan to cancel my upcoming business lunch at Galvins and look for an establishment that really values customers.

Durham
“The perfect treat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

My friend and i booked for afternoon tea as part of our day in Edinburgh to celebrate my friends birthday. The service was what i would have expected for such a fabulous hotel and the afternoon tea was a delight. It was lovely just sitting people watching as we ate our tea and not having been to the Cally for quite a while it was nice to see all the recent refurbishment.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Travelers who viewed Peacock Alley at Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian also viewed

Edinburgh, Scotland
Edinburgh, Scotland

Been to Peacock Alley at Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Peacock Alley at Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.