“Go there for afternoon tea!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #137 of 1,901 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Scottish, British, Bar, Brasserie
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: A vibrant bar and restaurant located in the heart of Edinburgh, One Square offers a modern, uniquely British take on the classic grand café. Open from early in the morning until 1am, this is a place to enjoy what you want, when you want it. Whether for a quick meeting, after-work aperitifs or a laid-back Sunday Roast with all the trimmings, One Square is all about enjoying quality time in splendid surroundings.
“Go there for afternoon tea!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Me and my friend visited this place for afternoon tea, booked via mail and that was no problem. Beautiful surrondings and joyful waitresses. Good teaselection. Only downside where the macarons. Couldn't eat them and a cockie that tasted weeds. The rest of the food/cakes where great! The clotted cream was awesome. Recommended!

SheratonEdinburgh, Manager at One Square, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share this 5 star review on your visit to One Square. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your afternoon tea experience and the great views Once Square can offer. Thank you sincerely once again, we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warm Regards

Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Gin tasting with Harun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

I booked a gin tasting for my mum and I for her birthday. The service was fantastic, the gin was beautifully presented and Harun, the man who hosted our gin tasting experience was very knowledgable and friendly. We ended up staying for three hours having such a great time. I have recommended this to loads of people and I'll definitely be back again. Thanks!

Visited May 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you sincerely for this great five star review of your visit to One Square Bar. I am pleased that you enjoyed your gin tasting experience, and I have already passed on your kind words to Harun. Thank you once again, we look forward to welcoming you back to One Square in the very near future.

Kettering, United Kingdom
“*****”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

We've been to One Square during our last visit to Edinburgh. It was highly recommended by our friends from Scotland's capital city.
First impression - nice, cozy place, bit retromodern, very bright and well situated in city centre at 5* Sheraton Hotel.
Our waiter Piotr was great, his recommendations of crab cake and lamb wellington were absolutely spot ons. Except that he was all over, taking care of us, keeping our glasses topped up, but never overattentive.
Food is really great, everything we've had was tasty and well presented. Prices are good as well - you will not overpay in this restaurant. There is a wide selection of drinks as well, loads of gins and whiskeys and staff that can help you with your picks - I loved Lagavulin!
Reassuming - if you want to eat something good, in good restaurant and pay normal price, go to One Square. Service as well is as good as you expect.
5* hotel, 5*restaurant too.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dear Guest

Thank you sincerely for this great five star review of your visit to One Square. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your meal with us. I have already passed on your kind words to Piotr, he was delighted to hear your enjoyed your dining experience. Thank you once again, we look forward to welcoming you back to One Square in the very near future.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Friends were treating me to afternoon tea for my birthday at One Square and we were all looking forward to it after hearing so many nice things about the quality of the food. I am on a gluten free diet so ordered a gluten free afternoon tea. When the dishes arrived I was very disappointed to find that mine was nothing like my friends. In fact it was something a second rate cafe would produce. The sandwiches were hard, they'd obviously been lying around for hours and had dried out. The second plate had 2 custard creams and 2 digestives on it, probably gluten free but definitely out of a packet! The minute squares of flapjack were fine along with the chocolate brownie but the whole stand was a palette of beige and brown - not very appetising. Why couldn't there have been a nice shot glass with a layer of jelly then mousse topped with coulis, it would have been similar to my friends and just as nice or little meringue nests with strawberries instead of a strawberry tart. Not a lot of thought or effort had gone into putting together my afternoon tea which is very disappointing considering the reputation the hotel has.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
SheratonEdinburgh, Manager at One Square, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for your review of your recent afternoon tea experience with us. I am truly sorry that you did not have an enjoyable experience whilst having Afternoon Tea at One Square, especially on such a special occasion. I do appreciate you taking the time to review your visit and to highlight this to us, and I have passed your feedback onto our kitchen team and we will use this to improve our gluten free afternoon tea offerings.

Thank you once again and I do hope that we can welcome you back to One Square and the Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa in the near future.
Warm regards
Ross Clarke
Food & Beverage Manager
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Loved the restaurant and the service is excellence.
Food is fantastic and a twist on Scottish cuisine.
Worth a visit :D

Visited June 2014
SheratonEdinburgh, Manager at One Square, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you sincerely for this great five star review of your visit to One Square Restaurant. I am pleased that you enjoyed our uniquely British take on the classic grand café, and I have already passed on your kind words to the team. Thank you once again, we look forward to welcoming you back to One Square in the very near future.