“Good experience” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
scotland(edinburgh)
“Good experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Had the chance to experience dinning here as purchased a groupon. At £19 for all you can eat for 2.excellent value for money.
Place has really nice decor and spotless, greeted by a lovely young girl who showed us to our seats,she explained how it works,there is a small buffet area with salads and pastas and you can go help yourself as many times as your belly allows :) you get a wee coster with green on one side and red on the other,when you have it green side up they come round with skewers with a good variety of meats,if you want a breather just face the coster red side up, meats consist of sausages, chicken wings,rump steak,pork, lamb,silverside beef,ribs which was mutton,we had a bit of everything and it was lovely,but if you like it well done like myself then beware as when she slices it there is bits that are rare, overall it was a good experience and my partner and I were full to bursting! Drinks are a wee tad pricey,corona was £3.90 and a sparkling water was £1.95

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

63% Recommend
Grangemouth
“Can understand the differing views on this restaurant!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We used a voucher (half price) and enjoyed our meal here. The staff were polite although the cook could have smiled when we went into the restaurant. For the money we paid, I felt it was good value for dinner and I enjoyed the salad bar (beef stew, veg stew, chillies, rice etc - except for the black eyed peas with overcooked pork). We liked the beef with garlic, sausage, chicken and the pineapple was excellent. It was interesting to try chicken heart. However, I can understand why people would leave a negative review if they were charged £20 per person for food as the meat was not good enough quality to justify that price. We got served one type of beef, which was basically all fat and I see there are a few negative reviews about that. There were no ribs, which we were looking forward to but I guess they may change the meats depending on when you go. We have paid more for lunch at another similar restaurant in Glasgow so it is a bit unfair to critise this restaurant too much but I am glad that I did not pay full price or I would have dropped the score lower.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“its not even a grill !”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Hi i bought a voucher on group on and thought it was a great deal until arrived , they don't even cook on a grill , the meat was disgusting ,dry and without flavour .

my partner and my self eat a little bit of thier salad bar and some chicken .

the place looks nice and they are friendly ,however meat the don't know how to prepare and cook.

dont recommend.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Tasty food and smiley service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

My boyfriend and I visited the restaurant on a total whim and while the bill may have been a little overpriced (£48 for 2 people), the food was fantastic, the waitresses were very smiley and the laidback atmosphere made for a lovely evening.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Yummy yummy from a big eater”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

I come here 3-4x a week to fill up at the buffet after exercising at the gym.

My favourites: beef ribs, rump steak, chicken hearts, rice and spaghetti

Staff are very friendly and the waitresses are lookers.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere