We stayed in Edinburgh for the Arts Festival and Fringe again at Malthouse Apartments. The location ideal, 5 minutes walk from Princess Street and 10 minutes to Grassmarket. As it is located in a business area, it is quiet at night. The apartments have high speed wifi included in the price and are very modern and light decorated.
- bring a small coffemaker, e.g. by http://www.bodum.com/ as this isn't available in the apartments.
- the TV set in our apartment had a iPhone dock (iPhone 4 and earlier) connected with HDMI to a large flat screen. Just good to know if you want to make use of either iPhone dock and/or HDMI capability.
- parking in Sheraton nearby is 18 £ per day otherwise difficult to drop your car
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A stunning refurbishment of a Grade B listed former whisky bonded warehouse, situated in Edinburgh's bustling West End. The Malt House features a mix of 2 bed and 1 bed studio apartments, available for both short term & long term tourist or corporate lets. A quiet, yet extremely convenient location provides the ideal home for both the business and leisure visitor. The Malt House is easily accessible from Haymarket train station and is less than a minute walk from the Airlink bus stop, providing very quick and easy connections to Edinburgh airport and the rail network. There is a small supermarket just 2 minutes walk from the apartments plus a variety of great pubs and restaurants in the surrounding area. There are also numerous tourist attractions within walking distance, including Edinburgh Castle, the Usher Hall and Princess Street Gardens. George Street is a 5 minute walk away featuring leading shopping attractions, restaurants, bars and clubs. The interior features exposed cast iron columns and original wooden beams to create a very contemporary feel, while integrating the latest technology to allow for an extremely comfortable stay. All apartments come equipped with free wifi broadband, flat screen TVs and i-pod docking stations. A state of the art keypad entry system allows 24-hour secure access and provides a seamless check-in/check-out process with no keys changing hands. Each modern, fully-equipped kitchen is provided with washing machine/dryer and dishwasher. The apartments also feature irons and ironing boards, hairdryers and safes for our guests convenience. All apartments have king size beds, as well as sofa-beds in the lounge to allow for extra guest space. All towels and bed linen are provided along with Starbucks Via instant coffee and Twinings tea ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your The Malt House Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Malt House Apartments Edinburgh, Scotland