This was my first time staying in an apartment, and I was so not dissapointed. The Chester Residence isn't quite as central as Radisson Blu/Scotsman/Balmoral etc, but it is still within walking distance of the main attractions.
There was a little confusion about finding the place when it came to checking in - we actually arrived at their main reception which is a short walk around the block.
I don't think I've ever had a warmer welcome anywhere. The staff were all smiles and genuinely interested in you, your requirements and stewart/stuart kindly carried our (pretty heavy) luggage for us.
We were shown around the apartment and this was the only real hiccup during the stay. We soon realised after viewing the welcome letter that it wasn't our apartment...and we had to contact reception who agreed that we had been put in the wrong apartment. This was a shame as it was absoilutely faultless and beautiful! Oh well, these things happen. Things were dealt with with good humour and apoligies.
I had ordered floweres and groceries and they were all ready for me. Our first floor apartment was spotlessly clean, large, cosy and the fittings were excellent. DVD's were available for us to use (via reception) and we had a CD player and docking station for i-pod. The lighting was very cosy. It certainly felt very homely.
The two bathrooms featured underfloor heating and heated rails and fluffy towels (alongside robes and slippers). There was also a selection of Harry Potter and Ian Rankin books to read and a nice selection of cereals.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay - all of the staff were a delight and was just sorry we wasn't able to go around for their canopes and drinks meeting night on Saturday.
I kinda hope The Chester Residence doesn't become too massive..or that they don't become complacent. Keep doing the same things and improving on them and continuing your fantastic level of service.
Pleasure to meet you all and stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Chester Residence is a collection of 5 Georgian townhouses set in the stunning west end of Edinburgh. These chic 5 star (Scottish Tourist Board rated) designer suites blend seamlessly with attention to detail and a level of personalized service that ensures guests enjoy the highest standards, synonymous with The Chester Residence. Each suite is an oasis of tranquility, offering spacious, individually designed suites with all the benefits of a luxury hotel. The latest in room technology is provided including, direct-dial telephone, voice mail, wide-screen multi-channel TV, DVD, CD player and iPod docking stations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your The Chester Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Chester Residence Hotel Edinburgh
- Chester Residence Edinburgh
- Chester Residence Hotel Edinburgh
- The Chester Residence Edinburgh, Scotland