“Home from home and more” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Chester Residence

You added The Chester Residence to your Saves list
The Chester Residence
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6 - 9 Rothesay Place, Edinburgh EH3 7SL, Scotland (West End)   |
Ranked #1 of 144 Hotels in Edinburgh
London
“Home from home and more”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

My family and I stayed for 2 nights at the Chester Residence in April for my sister-in-laws wedding. I wanted to stay somewhere which had a kitchen as I had to cook and warm up bottles for my children which the standard hotels didn't offer. There were 4 adults and 2 children and we stayed in a club apartment. The kitchen area was brilliant. It had all the utensils / appliances I required. What was more, everything was ultra modern and clean - even better than my own home! They provided molton brown products in the bathroom - what a bonus! The reception / doorman were wonderful and helped us flag down taxis and hull our pushchair in and out. The living area is really spacious and I even had my niece and nephew round to play. They had more than enough room to run around. All in all, a wonderful stay. I wouldn't hesitate to stay again next time I'm in Edinburgh with the family. What really satisfied me the most about the Chester Residence is that my father-in-law who stayed with us in the apartment, gave his seal of approval and asked why the rest of the family didn't choose to stay at the same place :D

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
Barnsley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

We have just returned from a 3 night stay at the exceptional Chester Residences.
We booked a standard room but were lucky enough to be offered an upgrade. Our room occupied the whole 1st flr of No8 a short walk from reception. From being shown through the door of our apartment the quality and attention to detail was obvious. The decor has been finished by an interior designer to a very high standard and there are touches everywhere that pleased us. The whole building feels warm and inviting and is complimented by the excellent but unobtrusive staff who want your stay to be special. This is not really a hotel, it offers flexibility and you feel like you have your own chic apartment in an exclusive part of town. Really individual experience and worth every penny. Thankyou

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Bath, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I chose to surprise my partner with a stay here and was not disappointed, the service, location and accommodation were second to none. Absolutely wonderful stay, just a shame we were only there for one night. From the moment we arrived the staff couldn't be more helpful and we were upgraded to one of the two bedroom suites. Thoroughly recommend to anyone looking for somewhere special to stay!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Poulton Le Fylde, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I took my son and his wife to Edinburgh and stayed at the Chester Residence as a treat,-WOW-everything was perfect, fabulous apartment, wonderful staff, would love to have stayed for a week, we shall certainly go back for another visit. What a fantastic experience!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Falkirk, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on 22nd October for my birthday. Staff very friendly, nothing was too much trouble. If u dont know Edinburgh they are very knowledgable on where to go, whether it be bars/restaurants. We ended up in the Penthouse apartment - WOW - I didnt want to leave!!! We will definately be back and I have no hesitation in recommending The Chester to others. ★★★★★

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

Having booked a long weekend in Edinburgh, thought it would be a good idea to be closer to town for the last day so booked a night at three Chester residence.

From the beautiful apartment, the friendly staff and prime location I could really find no fault in the experience.

Only downside was that I had to go back home after! :(

Isaac

• Stayed November 2013
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

This is my perfect place, I would live here if I could. The apartments are amazing and every single member of staff was wonderful. My husband and I stayed for two nights in room 8/3 the lounge was stunning especially the remote controlled fire, family members stayed in room 7/1 the bath was free standing with a tv in the wall.

Most boutique hotels have amazing rooms but snotty staff but this place is the real deal. We would stay here again and would tell anyone to do the same. The location is great nice and quiet but you can walk into town easily.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Chester Residence? Share your experiences!