“Residence indeed!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Chester Residence

You added The Chester Residence to your Saves list
The Chester Residence
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6 - 9 Rothesay Place, Edinburgh EH3 7SL, Scotland (West End)   |
Ranked #1 of 144 Hotels in Edinburgh
Montreal, Canada
“Residence indeed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Located on a quieter residential street not too far from the centre of the city, this was definitely apartment living. Our apartment had a kitchen, large bathroom, separate bedroom and a very large living room with a gas fireplace. There were grocery stores nearby so we were able to prepare breakfast before heading out to explore Edinburgh.

We did not bring the proper electrical adapters to plug in our phone and computer but the hotel was able to give us a couple of them to use during our stay. The hotel staff is very attentive and bar is open all night long. The hotel also has a nice collection of DVDs to borrow to watch in your room.

Edinburgh Castle is a 10 to 15 minute walk away so it's not like you can just walk out of your room and be in the middle of the city, but the location does give you an opportunity to walk around more of Edinburgh.

I very much enjoyed my stay at this hotel and would definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
Lake Macquarie, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

This is our second time to Edinburgh and I knew where I wanted to stay - The Chester Residence. We were warmly greated once again and by the time I had checked in our luggage was in the room. I was advised we were in their new building number 6 and room 2. There were a few minor maintenance issues but that does not change what I think of the Chester Residence. What you see on the website is what you get. We had a 1 bedroom apartment which a seperate and large combined lounge, dining and kitchen area. We also had a seperate toilet and a large bathroom with a bath and tv. The apartments are a 25 minute walk maximum to the Sir Walter Scott mounment and train station from where all the buses leave. And a 5 - 10 minute walk from some hop on hop off bus tour stops.

Room Tip: Have stayed in both a penthouse and first floor apartment. There are no lifts and the staff do assis...
Thunder Bay, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

All I can say is wow! Our 4 night stay at the Chester was superb. Extremely friendly staff, amazing rooms and a good location.

One little gripe is the fact that upon having checked out and paid, I noticed our bill was a bit lower than what I was expecting. I brought it to the attention of the front desk staff and was told that the room rates had "reset" themselves, i.e. our second two nights were erroneously charged at the same rate as our first two nights, when they should have been at a higher rate. I ended up paying half of the difference between the rates (they didn't charge me the full amount because of my show of good faith in bringing their error to their attention; they just charged me for the amount on a second bill). I don't necessarily think I should have had to pay anything because it was their error, however the experience is staying their was so fantastic I felt it was worth the extra pounds.

Again, this little hiccup in no way affects the 5-star rating of this establishment. Top-notch all the way; I highly recommend it!

Thank you Chester team!

• Stayed October 2013
Port Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I booked The Chester Residence for my boyfriend's birthday and our stay was perfect. We stayed in the Owner's Residence which is luxuriously beautiful and well worth the money. We were taken to our apartment and shown around by a friendly member of staff who presented my boyfriend with a birthday card (which was a nice touch since I hadn't booked the Birthday Package). The apartment is beautiful, extremely clean, modern, comfortable and cosy- it has everything you need! The apartment is only a short walk away from Princes Street so is a good place to base yourself for getting around the city; although you might not want to explore when you see the apartment. We stayed for one night and thoroughly enjoyed our time here and would 100% go back- we actually wanted to move in here!! I highly recommend The Chester Residence for an amazing stay in an amazing city.

Room Tip: The Owner's Residence was beautiful.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

We (2 friends) arrived and were told we got an upgrade, an appartment with two separate bedrooms. As both of us have small children this was a real treat! From start to finish the hotel was exceptional. The rooms were lovely, service very friendly and location not central but close enough. We ordered breakfast in our room the first morning, and there is a lovely place around the corner where you van go too. Forgot the name but reception will tell you. Great stay, will definately return here!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

3 tired women travelled to Edinburg for a couple of relaxing days. We had the most beautiful apartment at Chester! 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a lovely living room and kitchen. It was so nice and spacy that we ended up by the fireplace every late evening with a good glas of wine.
Very good beds, the most lovely pillows!
Since we had some rain we enjoyed staying in even more! After a late breakfast we visited the Castle, the National Gallery, went shopping on George Street, had some lovely afternoon tea with all the trimmings and went for a good meal in the evenings.
Great location - only 6 minutes from the shopping area and all th attractions in walking distance. . Edinburgh ist a nice town and within a few days you know your ways around.

We did not need the staff very much but when we contacted them they were very nice and professional! They even let us check out one hour later on the day of departure!

I am defenitely coming back and hopefully soon!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Durham, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

We had such a brilliant time again, we did not explore Edinburgh too much this time as our main purpose for the trip was to see The Lion King. Therefore, we made the most of the apartment and had some relaxation. This time we did not really see the staff although what we did experience was exceptional. We even got a souvenir to remember our theatre trip :-)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Chester Residence? Share your experiences!