“Superb!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Chester Residence

Save Saved
You added The Chester Residence to your Saves list
The Chester Residence
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6 - 9 Rothesay Place, Edinburgh EH3 7SL, Scotland (West End)   |
Ranked #1 of 147 hotels in Edinburgh
“Superb!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Fantastic quality accomodation in a great location. We stayed in Apt 9/3 which has a huge lounge area, really nice kitchen, bathroom and bedroom. The staff are very friendly and helpful and very kindly booked tables for me for dinner at very short notice. This is certainly the place I've stayed in Edinburgh and is probably on of the best places I've stayed anywhere. I could not recommend it highly enough.

1,121 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

The day I checked in, I posted on my FB that the apartment was an epitome of luxury and that I had never see anything like this before and probably will never see again. The residence was a combination of what one expects for complete satisfaction of soul and body. Fabulous, Luxurious, convenient and and and and.............................................................................
Centrally located from all attraction. The staff was very caring and the so were the services. The healthy sundae for the breakfast was fab and I carried the recipe home with me. Always keep wondering, why don't other places have such standards of quality. Long to be here again.

Kelowna
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

What can be said that hasn't been already? These residences are just fantastic! Modern, perfectly maintained, incredibly roomy, and every appliance and electronic convenience you could reasonably want. We walked everywhere in Edinburgh from here, though if you desire, it's an inexpensive cab ride to almost anywhere. Great check in and out. Helpful very pleasant staff. A very pleasant experience all the way around. Would unhesitatingly recommend to the fussiest traveler I know - 5 Star Steve. Go ahead, book it!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Stayed for one night (wished it was longer!) in November when visiting Edinburgh for the first time and I must say this was by far the best hotel I have ever had the pleasure of staying in. We arrived hours before check in as we wanted to make sure we were able to find the hotel - great location and we were able to leave our bags there while we explored the city! The staff are so welcoming and friendly and the hotel is beautifully decorated. When we returned to check in, we were told they were upgrading our room to the penthouse suite, and it certainly lived up to its name... Gorgeous rooms, all lavishly furnished, and stunning views of the city and castle! My boyfriend took advantage of the extras that they offer, too - champagne on arrival, pre-dinner canapés and wine, rose petals, candles and luxury bath products. Oh, and the Scottish breakfast the next morning; complete with more champagne! I couldn't have wanted anything more for my stay here! We will definitely be visiting again in the future, hopefully lots more times! And for longer next time, too, as there are some things we wished we had more time to do, such as visiting the bar downstairs a cocktail or two!
To sum it all up: lovely hotel, gorgeous rooms and outstanding customer service - The Chester Residence will not disappoint!

• Stayed November 2012
Fifield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

My boyfriend booked this for my 22nd Birthday. Words cannot describe how amazing it is! He mentioned when he booked it that it was for a special occasion and they definitely pushed the boat out. We were upgraded to the VIP Armani Suite which came with a Jacuzzi tub and our own cinema room. We had The Romance Package added with our stay, Champagne on arrival, canapes before we went out to dinner, wine to the room, molten brown products and breakfast in bed! We also mentioned we were going to watch a movie when we got back from dinner so they provided popcorn, it really is the small details! The staff were amazing also, if we asked for anything then we got it - Ed was chatty whilst making cocktails and nothing was a hassle, even 11pm cocktails delivered to the room. We also never got charged for two cocktails which I thought was nice. I'm thinking of booking again in March for my boyfriends birthday - Maybe for two nights because one was certainly not enough. Thanks for an enjoyable stay.

Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We went there for the second time and it was simply excellent again.
In short: Lovely apartments, friendly, attentive staff and a great location.

The longer version: Apartments were tastefully designed, spacious and lovely.The staff was always very friendly, helpful and attentive. With just a few minutes by foot to Princess street, teh location is pretty much perfect.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Hamilton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Took my girlfriend here for her birthday and we were both completely blown away with the place. From the moment we arrived we experienced excellent service and stayed in what can only be described as complete luxury.
We stayed in 6/4 The Owners Residence (aka The Armani VIP Suite) and my word it was unbelievable. Stunning bedroom with wet room en suite. Jacuzzi room, Kitchenette, Living room and Cinema/Media room. Loved it! Would definitely recommend it! And I'm sure we will be back there at some point in the future.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Chester Residence? Share your experiences!