I booked the Mews apartment for myself and my mother as a special little weekend away, Christmas shopping etc (and a surpise for my mum!). Wow! What an amazing apartment!! A bedroom each, ensuite each, separate bathroom with TV, fully equipped kitchen/lounge etc. I love little luxuries and we arranged a hamper and stocked fridge (full of everything and more that I requested). When we arrived they played the cd I asked for as a surprise for my mum (she thought was fantastic to walk into our apartment and hear her favourite album playing!) and brought us a glass of champagne each. Later on Rory brought us some pink Champagne and the 'bath butler' which was full of gorgeous Molten Brown goodies and candles/petals. Then in the evenin as we were planning to go out, Rory popped down to confirm our taxi had been booked and also surprised us with two mugs of mulled wine! Three drinks before we had wen left the apartment can't be bad! As it was apparently the busiest weekend wrote Christmas, we couldn't get a table anywhere for dinner, so Katie on reception said 'leave it to us, we'll get you in somewhere, don't worry'. And they promptly did - at 'Fishers' down by the sea at Leith which was absolutely fantastic. Freshest salmon I've ever had and the fish cakes were to die for!
On Saturday before we went out for the evening, some canapés were brought to us, with another two glasses of champagne! All gorgeous. We managed to get into 'Centotre' on George Street which was also fantastic! Brilliant atmosphere and varied menu.
Our train wasn't until 4pm on Sunday so they offered to keep our bags whilst we shopped til we dropped again! Then whilst waiting for our taxi to the station, we had a drink in the bar (free of charge!) and a lovely chat with Rory. I must say he really is an asset to this hotel- just genuinely friendly, helpful and polite without being too intrusive. Every hotel needs a Rory!! And the girls on reception (sorry I can't remember all your names apart from Katie and Anna) are a real pleasure to deal with - nothing is too much trouble and they are so polite and friendly too. They really made us feel welcome.
So from start to finish our break at The Chester Residence was beyond 5*. I would like to thank you all for the best hotel weekend break we have ever had! Thank you to all the staff for making this surprise weekend for my mum all the more special. She absolutely loved it! (it took her a good hour to get over the shock of walking into the huge, 5* apartment rather than the little twin hotel room she was expecting.. hee hee). And everytime a member of staff delivered a little something to our apartment, her jaw dropped to the floor again! We were like giddy kids in a sweet shop!!
To anyone else trawling through reviews and deals on other hotels, wondering where to stay in Edinburgh- don't bother! Just stay here. You will not regret it. It's amazing. Xx
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Chester Residence is a collection of 5 Georgian townhouses set in the stunning west end of Edinburgh. These chic 5 star (Scottish Tourist Board rated) designer suites blend seamlessly with attention to detail and a level of personalized service that ensures guests enjoy the highest standards, synonymous with The Chester Residence. Each suite is an oasis of tranquility, offering spacious, individually designed suites with all the benefits of a luxury hotel. The latest in room technology is provided including, direct-dial telephone, voice mail, wide-screen multi-channel TV, DVD, CD player and iPod docking stations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, MrandMrsSmith, Agoda, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your The Chester Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Chester Residence Hotel Edinburgh
- Chester Residence Edinburgh
- Chester Residence Hotel Edinburgh
- The Chester Residence Edinburgh, Scotland