Having had a near perfect stay there a few weeks ago, I booked a night for my family as part of my 50th Birthday Weekend. The Apartment and the Breakfast food were both excellent, however the service was not up to standard.
In each of my five dealings with staff errors were made. In complaining about seven separate issues the duty manager tried to pass blame back to me on two of them. It escalated to the Director of Group Operations who described my complaints as "tiny" and felt I had paid the right amount for the service I received. (I paid full rack). He promised to guarantee a perfect stay next time. Assuming of course I would want to.
I do not consider wasting an hour and a half of my time on a one night stay, or fumbling about in the shower because of a broken soap-holder, (especially as I had an injured arm) "tiny" .
I stay in lots of hotels, and mistakes of course happen. However for Number 1 in Trip Advisor Edinburgh and Scottish Hotel of the Year 2012 I do expect complaints to be dealt with in a proper manner. One word sums up the response: arrogant.
- Also Known As:
- The Chester Residence Hotel
- The Chester Residence Hotel Edinburgh
- Chester Residence Edinburgh
- Chester Residence Hotel Edinburgh
- The Chester Residence Edinburgh, Scotland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Chester Residence (voted Scottish Hotel of the year at the Scottish Hotel 2012 awards) is a collection of 5 Georgian townhouses set in the stunning west end of Edinburgh. These chic 5 star (Scottish Tourist Board rated) designer suites blend seamlessly with attention to detail and a level of personalized service that ensures guests enjoy the highest standards, synonymous with The Chester Residence. Each suite is an oasis of tranquility, offering spacious, individually designed suites with all the benefits of a luxury hotel. The latest in room technology is provided including, direct-dial telephone, voice mail, wide-screen multi-channel TV, DVD, CD player and iPod docking stations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Venere, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Stentorian NV, Priceline and HotelsClick so you can book your The Chester Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.