“Highly recommended” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #142 of 440 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Highly recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

Lovley old house with lots of character. Hosts Dave and Liz were excellent, friendly and helpful. Scotttish breakfast was delicious and cooked to order. no complaints at all and would not hesitate to reccomend on location, price, breakfast and customer service. Thank you Dave and Liz hope to see you again in the not too distant future.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

We traveled as 2 couples and stayed in The Conifers Guest House for 3 nights. The house has a lovely character, rooms are beautiful, breakfast was delicious and we were walking distance from the city center. David was so friendly, he gave us plenty of advice and he was happy to answer any question. David made us feel very welcome. If I ever visit Edinburgh again, I will be calling The Conifers House for sure! Definitely recommend.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Tenerife, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

My wife and I recently had the pleasure of staying here for two nights. We had stayed at another property opposite the previous night but unfortunately they could not accomodate us when we decided to stay longer. Liz and Dave were excellent hosts, breakfast was absolutely delicious and they were always on hand to offer us advice on where the best places to visit and see during our stay. The room was spacious and extremely clean. There was a nice big sofa for us to relax and our room had its own little fridge too. I wasn´t expecting anywhere near like the standard we received and it´s certainly comparable to some of the hotels we have stayed in.

Excellent service, excellent price and excellent location.

Room Tip: Room 4 is gorgeous and features a lovely sofa to relax on
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

We stayed The Conifers in June and were made to feel very welcome. David who runs the place was very knowledgeable about the surrounding areas and gave us some great tips on places to see and good restaurants to eat at. Highly recommended for location and friendliness, will be coming back in the future!

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Prague, Czech Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

We stayed in the Conifers Guest House for three nights and it was just amazing. The house is located within walking distance to the centre which is perfect and rooms are beatiful and clean - really very excited about it. Breakfasts were lovely too. David the owner is very nice person who recommended us where to go, what the MUST sees are etc. Nothing was problem...Simply - if I ever go to Edinburg again, I definitely would stay here again.

Thanks,

Hana & Milan from the Czech Republic (stayed there from June 2nd till June 4th, 2012)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Minnetonka
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

I have never written a NEGATIVE review on tripadvisor but I felt obligated to let you know that this situation was handled very poorly. In January 2012 I booked 2 rooms for 3 nights for mid August 2012 at the Conifers Guest House. Summer is very busy in Edinburgh so I made reservations early. I was emailed a FIRM CONFIRMATION from the owner for our dates. All was set or so I thought.
In May I received an email stating that he CANCELLED my reservations due to "relatives coming from Canada at the same time we booked". He said he tried to contact me a few weeks prior to this CANCELLATION but had a bad email address because his computer with the correct information of my name, phone number, email was not in his possession. The computer was somewhere else. He CANCELLED with NO alternative option in place for my group. Not a good practice in the hospitality industry. When I book with a property and receive a CONFIRMATION, then I expect that CONFIRMATION to be honored. I am sure you all feel the same.

Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Thirsk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

We spent two nights at the Conifers and had a lovely, relaxing stay. The room was very comfortable and clean and the breakfast was really nice. We will be coming to stop again hopefully. Liz was very helpful with how was best to get around and were to go to eat - great location to city centre. Thank you very much for a fantastic stay we would recommend it to anyone

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Conifers Guest House? Share your experiences!