Heating: Storage Heaters (back to the '70s) - uncontrollable - boiling hot.
Plumbing: Bath, sink, wash basin taps: OK. Shower - Electric!! Trickle flow (back to the '70s).
Living Room: Tiny. Not enough seating for 2 adults and 2 children and crammed in on top of TV.
Decor: back to the '70s.
Policy on Noise: Promises to evict guests who hold parties and disturb other guests. How is this enforced? It isn't. No receptionist after 8pm. After hours number "for extreme emergencies only" (their words) - penalty for using emergency number when it's not an emergency: £50!! What constitutes an extreme emergency? Not defined. Forced to confront apartment with about a dozen tanked up revellers myself. Initially compliant but music and voices got gradually louder and louder again. Where's the management?
Parking: £10 extra!
Wi-Fi: dropped in and out
Kitchen: Less than basic.
Beds and bed linen: Prisons probably have better.
What the website says: "With a winning combination of space, comfort and luxury, our serviced apartments in Edinburgh and Glasgow are supported by a dedicated team of staff, equipped to cater to the requirements of our guests, allowing you to indulge yourself in all the delights of Scotland’s fantastic cities."
What I say: Whoever wrote this is apparently delusional.
Spend a little more money - go somewhere nice.
- Also Known As:
- Canon Court Apartments Hotel Edinburgh
- Canon Court Apartments Hotel
- Canon Court Apartments Edinburgh, Scotland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Are you visiting Edinburgh and looking for spacious, affordable accommodation? Why stay in a small hotel bedroom when a Canon Court serviced apartment offers you space to relax? Each apartment offers one or two bedrooms, a comfortable lounge; a separate, fully fitted kitchen and a bathroom with shower and bath. There's free on site parking and WiFi access too. Close to Edinburgh's great attractions and amenities ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Canon Court Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.