“A Suite Stay” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
London, United Kingdom
“A Suite Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Stayed in one of the suites - a very lovely room and a beautiful view.
The only issue ... the free WiFi, very slow!
If you can arrange your trip to tie in with either the Fringe or the Christmas Market - you will have a great time!
So, I will be staying again... actually, I have already booked again!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Newcastle, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We stayed here with our 11 month girl in December 2014. This is a lovely hotel in a great location, about a 5-10 minute walk to the city centre. The staff can not do enough to help you and the gym and pool facilities are a rarity for a mid-range city centre hotel. The food at breakfast and dinner was very good too! The staff were great when we left a few things in the room and we really enjoyed our stay here - highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Craig M, General Manager at Novotel Edinburgh Centre, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to hopefully welcoming you back again very soon. Kind regards, Craig Munro
Durham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Nice little hotel not far from all the attractions. Room was fine - Premier Inn standard rather than anything fancy but clean and comfortable. Staff were really friendly. I left some stuff in my room and called after I returned home. Housekeeping called me and could not have been more helpful.

Breakfast was decent too. Plenty of choice, room and all well cooked.

If you want a reasonably priced, comfortable hotel without the wow factor for a 'special' experience, then you could do far worse that give this tidy and friendly hotel a go!

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Thanks for your review. I am glad you had a good stay with us. See you on your next trip hopefully! Kind regards, Craig Munro
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Good location, short walk to the GrassMarket food and drinks precinct and a little further to the Royal Mile. Reasonable sized rooms, well designed with a separate toilet. Comfortable beds, clean bathroom with plenty of hot water. Well appointed mid range hotel with all amenities needed for a short stay. Parking is available under the hotel......limited spaces, stay as long as you like and pay 15 pounds per exit . Room service was quick and the food tasty if a little expensive. Wifi available in the rooms is easy to join and reasonable speed. We would stay again .

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your informative review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to the Novotel Edinburgh Centre. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards, Craig Munro.
Edinburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Nice hotel, good facilities and we were able to check in early at 1 pm when we arrived. The only problem it was still noisy outside the hotel at 3.30 am in the morning.
Good hotel to stay in and it was convenient to Princess Street. A good stay.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit. I do apologise that your night was distrurbed by the noise. We do have rooms at the back of the hotel which are quieter, if you do come back please let us know and we can allocate you a quiet room. I look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Kind regards, Craig Munro
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was really looking forward to our stay in Edinburgh, tried to pre-planned everything as it was a birthday surprise for my boyfriend so wanted to make sure that everything was taken care of. Normally, we stay at Macdonald hotels as we like the customer service there and the overall quality which is very high. However, on this occasion went for Novotel because of its central location.
I was disappointed with the overall impression of the reception and restaurant staff (not all of them though). The girl at the reception charged me twice for the stay (I paid when we arrived - for the room plus a deposit - and was meant to just pay for anything else at the end of the stay but was asked to pay again when we checked out). I then had to wait over a week for the money to be return to my account. When I made the original booking, I also booked an evening meal at the restaurant. According to the website, it was meant to be a lovely meal a la carte, three courses, great selection. When we turned up at the restaurant, we were given a menu that had three starters, three mains and three desserts and were told that we could only have two courses. From the three mains, only one contained meat and when it came to ordering we were told that they run out of that meat meal! The waiter in charge was not very helpful in suggesting alternatives; we actually had to tell him what he could do in this situation!!! Not impressed at all! I felt really stupid in front of my boyfriend...
I spoke to the Restaurant Manager the following day and he was really professional and tried to do something about that situation but unfortunately, that came a bit too late
The room was nice though
Overall, not impressed therefore will go for a Macdonald hotel next time

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

I am sorry that on this occasion that you were disappointed with your stay. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness. I am pleased that my Food and beverage Manager assisted you with your concerns albeit you felt too late. I do hope that you can give us the opportunity to come back to stay with us again to provide you with hassle free stay. Kind Regards Craig Munro
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed here in early December 2014 as we wanted to visit Edinburgh's Christmas Market without the hassle of driving back home late at night (we only live 45 minutes away!) The hotel was very welcoming and we had an executive room which was spacious, well furnished and included both a Nespresso machine for the coffee lovers AND an electric kettle for tea lovers. (American hotels - please note!) A short ten-minute walk brought us to Princes Street and a few more minutes along this great shopping street brought us to the Christmas Market - which, to our surprise, was much bigger than before. We had a very nice dinner in the hotel and there was a choice of a very varied Continental breakfast or a cooked Scottish breakfast (invluding haggis!) next morning. A great way to spend a cold weekend in the Scottish capital.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind comments and compliments – I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and hopefully look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards, Craig Munro.

Been to Novotel Edinburgh Centre? Share your experiences!