“Our night away” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Murrayfield Hotel and House

You added Murrayfield Hotel and House to your Saves list
Murrayfield Hotel and House
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   18 Corstorphine Road, Edinburgh EH12 6HN, Scotland (Murrayfield)   |
Ranked #39 of 144 Hotels in Edinburgh
“Our night away”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Myself and my husband stayed in this hotel for one night. The room was lovely and warm and the en suite bathroom was beautiful but when taking a bath the water wasn't very warm. We stayed in room 206, the bed was very comfy and very big.
The breakfast was good and the atmosphere was very good due to the happy server talking to us in the morning whilst serving breakfast.
The only downside of the hotel was when we returned after our night out at 2am we could not get into the hotel. No one told us that the doors would be locked at a certain time so my husband had to bang loudly on the door for a good 10 minutes before the night porter arrived. We had no coats on and it was raining so we were very cold by the time we got into the hotel. The night porter did not speak or apologise for keeping us waiting.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We very much enjoyed our stay. The staff were great. The hotel was very clean and the beds very comfortable. The breakfast was very good and the portions were very generous. We would definitely go back. It is about a 15 min bus ride to town but the stop is right in front of the hotel and the service is frequent. There is free parking which is a real plus if you are driving in to the town

• Stayed December 2014
Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

Booked this hotel at the last moment to be with a party of friends and was AMAZED. The quality of this hotel far surpasses what it charges. We were placed in Room 305 within the annexe house two doors down from the main building and it was a HUGE room with every comfort that one would wish. The little touches included free whisky and chocolate and there was seating within for at least seven people which is perfect for entertaining friends. The complementary breakfast was excellent in every way and the staff were very friendly and pleasant. Added to all this there is free parking and Princes Street is 10 mins away by bus from a stop just outside. Previously we have stayed in a well known hotel in The Royal Mile which charged 3 times what this hotel charged and delivered less. A real gem.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Central E, Manager at Murrayfield Hotel and House, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Good Morning hopefultraveller10,

Wow - thank you for such an amazing review of your stay with us; we really are flattered!

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay in room 5 in Our House; it certainly is a popular room, and the added little touches make it that little bit more special!

Our free car parking is also a bonus, and something that seems to be quite rare in Edinburgh these days! It sounds like you had a wonderful time with your friends too.

It would be my pleasure to welcome you back here at any time, please do let me know directly when you are next returning.

Workington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We recently stayed here for a full weekend and we were extremely impressed. The double room we had was excellent and was very clean and well presented. The bathroom was immaculate and very modern. We were particulary impressed with the hotel itself as it is decorated with a very modern feel, exposed brick corridors and large glass windows... Very nice.
The bar attached.. 'The Bothy' is a trendy little bar serving excellent draft lager and a huge selection of spirits. The had on an acoustic singer which added to an already good atmosphere.
The staff were helpful and friendly so overall we were very pleased we chose to stay here. We will stay again, no doubt.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello Jon9344,

Thank you for leaving a top notch five star review!

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to impress you! It's also great to hear that you enjoyed the live music within The Bothy and I will pass on your kind words to the team there.

Please do contact us directly when you next returning so that we can provide you with the best returners rate.

Kind regards

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Since the renovations to the hotel it has come on in leaps and bounds.
Being a regular visitor every time I am back in the UK(Scotland) I would not think about staying anywhere else.
Handy for the Chinese Embassy across the road (which I use twice a year) and just a 15 minute walk from Haymarket.

Room Tip: The rooms in the house or the annex are bigger but for an overnight stay the main hotel single rooms...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Good Morning Thomas S,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a fantastic review of your stay; we really appreciate it!

It's great to hear such positive feedback about our recent refurbishment work from one of our returning guests; I am delighted to hear that you admire the work that has been carried out.

It also sounds like you are always able to take advantage of our perfect location too!

Please contact us directly when you are next returning so that we can provide you with our best returners rates.

Dunfermline, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I wasvery impressed with this hotel. If a previous reviewer thought room206 (I did see thisroom too asmy friends were staying in it) was large they should have seen 204. I can only assume it was an upgrade even though the hotel never said so. It was enormous I have never stayed in such a large room even 5 star upgrades have been smaller.
The bed was firm and comfortable. The on suit bathroom had a free standing roll top bath and a large seperate shower.
Good selection of drinks and biscuits supplied in room. Also got a hand written christmas card and good quality crackers left for us. Made me feel very festive.
Breakfast was good. Im a fussy vgetarian and I ate every bite. Even the sausages were nice not the cardboard offerings I usually get. As for the waiter he was charming and very funny. I wish I had had time for a meal. I would definitely go back.
Now for the only downside. If you go out at . Night you will have trouble getting back in. There is no bell and we werent given a outside door key. There is no bell and the night person on duty does not sit atthe desk all night and can't hear you banging. In my case I eventually got in only to be woken by friends 2 hours later who were outside and also couldn't get in. Not much fun in the winter weather.
Sort this out Murrayfield because other than this you are one of the best around and for a very reasonable 55 pounds.

Room Tip: 204 is enormous. 206 was away from the road noise and certainly couldn't be called small. Never...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Central E, Manager at Murrayfield Hotel and House, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Hello skyemisty,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a great review of your stay with us; we really do appreciate it!

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay in room 204 - it certainly is one of our largest rooms in the hotel building (and one of my personal favourites too!). I am also happy to hear that the Christmas card and crackers helped get you in the festive spirit.

I will pass on your kind comments to the ktichen team with regards to your breakfast, and to Andy who was serving that morning; I know that he will be delighted that you mentioned him.

I do apologise for the issues that occured when you tried to enter the building at night, and I will be speaking with the night porters to ensure that this does not happen again.

Please contact me directly when you are next returning so that I can provide you with the best returners rates.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I stayed in the House the night before and after my wedding. I couldn't believe how nice the rooms were for the price I paid. I have stayed in many 5 star hotels but to be honest these rooms were so much better. The staff were so nice and went out there way to make our stay so special. Would recommend. I live locally but would stay here just get get away from everything and enjoy the rooms.

• Stayed November 2014
Good Morning Diana1297,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review of your stay with us!

It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and that we were able to play a small part in your big day, and that we were able to make you feel so special during your stay with us.

We would love to welcome you back at any time, don't forget to contact us directly so we can provide you with the best returners rates.

Linda & The Murrayfield Hotel and House Team

Been to Murrayfield Hotel and House? Share your experiences!