I booked one night at Budget Backpackers in advance because I was moving to Edinburgh to begin graduate school. I found the building easily enough and was welcomed in. I was checked-in by a very friendly gentleman and given my card key and a set of sheets. He even helped me carry my large bag up the first flight of stairs to my room. The staff was very friendly and helpful during my stay and I would recommend it to anyone wanting to stay near the City Center.
Having said that, I will say that when I went to bed, only three of us in the 10-person room were actually in bed. Other people came in and out throughout the night and early morning hours. I was too tired from travelling to really care, but everyone in my room was very respectful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With over 250 beds, and located in the heart of beautiful Old Town, Budget Backpackers is one of the best places to stay in Edinburgh! All of the amenities you need including free linen, free hot showers, a self catering kitchen, and a bar/cafe! Budget Backpackers is one of the best located hostels in the city, being only a 10 minute walk from Waverly Train Station, a 2 minute walk from the Royal Mile, and the breathtaking Edinburgh Castle practically on our doorstep! There is also always something happening within the hostel, with weekly Wii and Pool Competitions, Quiz and Movie Nights, Free Walking Tours 11am daily Monday to Saturday, Whether you want to see the sights, make friends, party it up, or just relax, Budget Backpackers has everything you need to make your stay in Edinburgh memorable! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld and HostelBookers so you can book your Budget Backpackers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Budget Backpackers Hotel Edinburgh
- Budget Backpackers Edinburgh, Scotland