We stayed in a private double room for three days. Our first impression was that it was fun and wacky. The room was ok but the bed was very squeeky. Our window didn't close properly and there were non-stop parties going on outside. When there wasn't a loud crowd outside then there was a loud crowd in the hall or next door. The people who stay at this hostel do not sleep...seriously up all night. They have one washer and one dryer. The dryer wasn't working and there were piles of clothes everywhere. If you are an insomniac or want to party then this would be a great place for you.If you want to sleep at all,want a comfy bed or need to wash your clothes then stay away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With over 250 beds, and located in the heart of beautiful Old Town, Budget Backpackers is one of the best places to stay in Edinburgh! All of the amenities you need including free linen, free hot showers, a self catering kitchen, and a bar/cafe! Budget Backpackers is one of the best located hostels in the city, being only a 10 minute walk from Waverly Train Station, a 2 minute walk from the Royal Mile, and the breathtaking Edinburgh Castle practically on our doorstep! There is also always something happening within the hostel, with weekly Wii and Pool Competitions, Quiz and Movie Nights, Free Walking Tours 11am daily Monday to Saturday, and our infamous Pub Crawls Monday to Friday kicking off in our very own bar! Whether you want to see the sights, make friends, party it up, or just relax, Budget Backpackers has everything you need to make your stay in Edinburgh memorable! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld and HostelBookers so you can book your Budget Backpackers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Budget Backpackers Hotel Edinburgh
- Budget Backpackers Edinburgh, Scotland