Before we left we read some bad reviews about this place and were quite nervous of what we would find when we arrived - but we were pleasantly surprised, clean sheets, freshly ironed, clean room, comfy mattresses, lovely shower room that seemed new, though the lock took a bit of jimmying! The freezer was frozen shut, but the kitchen was otherwise nice with a comfy seating area and a nice big table! The staff were very helpful and friendly and though our booking hadn't gone through from hostelbookers.com, the lad at the reception sorted it out for us in about 3 minutes flat! Would stay there again in a jiffy, extremely basic but clean and comfy!
- Also Known As:
- Cowgate Tourist Hotel Edinburgh
- Cowgate Tourist Hotel
- Cowgate Tourist Hostel Edinburgh, Scotland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A hostel with a difference! Our 170 bed hostel contains 12 individually lockable apartments all fully fitted with their own toilet, shower rooms and kitchen/lounge including an oven, microwave, fridge freezer, toaster, plates, dishes, cutlery and cooking pots. An apartment sleeps between 8 and 22 people in a combination of 4 and 6 bed dorms and twin or double rooms. That's 12 fully fitted kitchens and 17 shower rooms with toilets plus 12 separate private toilets! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld and HostelBookers so you can book your Cowgate Tourist Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.