“Great experience!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ardgarth Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Ardgarth Guest House
You added Ardgarth Guest House to your Saves list
1 St Mary's Place | Portobello, Edinburgh EH15 2QF , Scotland   |
Ranked #57 of 445 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
“Great experience!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

The Guest House is located slightly away from the city centre, but we've no regrets at all staying at Ardgarth. We had the loveliest views of the sea from our room at Ardgarth and it was great waking up to the smell of the sea rather than the hustle and bustle of the city. Think I missed breakfast one morning because I couldn't leave my bed. Cant stress enough how much I enjoyed staying near the Portobello promenade with its scenic views and cosy seaside cafes. Ursula was also a great host. She made us feel very welcomed and was really helpful in suggesting places to visit and giving us directions on how to get around. Would definitely stay at Ardgarth again if I very get a chance to visit that neck of the woods again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Polish first
Penzance, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

This was my third time staying with Ursula and Richard. It is always a pleasure to share time with these two wonderful people who are so helpful and generous. I would not stay in any other place whilst staying in Edinburgh. Their caring attitude and warmth is certainly welcomed when you have been traveling around for the day. The breakfast is delicious. I am grateful to them for making their guest house a home when I have travelled so far from my home in Australia.
It is really close to the bus stop and the main street and the beach. It is perfect!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Leeds
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Ursula and her friendly attentive staff provided delicious breakfast, clean light and airy rooms and all just approximately 200 meters from the promenade. Lovely powerful shower to refresh us and good quality cosmetic and hygiene products too with lots of fresh white towels daily. Help was available to plan visits and travel arrangements and there were plenty of leaflets with local information. The best bit was Ursula, her warm welcome and interaction with the guests (us and others) which made us feel relaxed, comfortable and very welcome in this lovely home

Room Tip: There are rooms on the ground floor with disabled facilities - I'm going to bring my elderly mum...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Stayed here for one night travelling on my own, room was lovely with some nice little touch's, breakfast great. Good bus route into Edinburgh, takes about 15 mins. The owner, Ursula couldnt have been more welcoming and helpful.

• Stayed June 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Stayed here to explore the city. Easy access by bus with an all day pass for 3.5 pounds. Ursula gave us the most complete introduction of all b and b's visited in the last 30 days. Rooms were clean and comfortable with room to stretch out. I noticed nice touches like baby monitors for other guests as well as high chairs for families. Breakfasts were with farm fresh egg and good jam. Quiet neighborhood close to the large sand beach.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Edinburgh is one of my favourite places on Earth and I tend to stay right in the city center. This time, I opted for Portobello, the coastal town to the east. The service and hospitality at the Ardgarth are unsurpassed. Ursula is such a thoughtful and gracious hostess. The rooms are clean and airy, and the location is perfect -- an easy 5-minute walk to a beautiful beach and a bus stop just down the road for those forays into the city. From now on, this will be my home whenever I'm in Edinburgh.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Hastings, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I can highly recommend this Guest House. I had a very nice, clean, en-suite room, and the owner was friendly and helpful. It is near the bus stop into Edinburgh, it's a 5 minute walk to Portobella High Street and 5 minutes to the beach. I chose the fantastic Scottish breakfast which set me up for the whole day, served with plenty of excellent coffee. I will stay again when I'm in Edinburgh.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Been to Ardgarth Guest House? Share your experiences!