Room was just about OK although nothing fancy - bathroom sparse. Clean and functional but nothing special. Wireless internet wouldn't work - although they apologised for this and offered me a free drink at the bar to say sorry.
Pool area - OK - was nice as was only person in it, but it's not a spa - it's a small hotel pool with a sauna.
Restaurant on top floor is amazing - the service is phenomenal, the food exquisite and the views are incredible. Well worth a visit even if you are not staying in the hotel.
It has the potential to be a really good hotel with just a few more touches in the rooms, a reliable wireless network and a bit of TLC in the pool area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Edinburgh’s old town, this contemporary four star hotel has 169 stylish rooms, many with panoramic views of the castle and city skyline. Designed for comfort, the rooms include 42 inch wide screen LCD TV, large desk, free Wi-Fi and local calls, tea and coffee, luxury toiletries, iron and ironing board. Facilities include restaurant, bar, meeting and event space for up to 250 delegates, and pool, tropicarium and gym. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, Despegar.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Odigeo, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Apex International Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apex International Edinburgh
- Hotel Apex International
- Apex International Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland