Stayed for two nights (Fri\Sat) and first impression was very impressed. Clean hotel with friendly staff in a great location. Breakfast over looking the castle was great.
The bottle of wine delivered to room as a gift for our anniversary was a nice touch. But the room really let this hotel down. It was nicely decorated recently. So recently the smell of paint gave me a headache both nights. The masking tape was still left on the smoke detector and parts of the wooden flooring were left unfinished. It also had paint all over the curtains.
The bathroom was a bit dingy with a dirty floor and the corners of the shower and bottom of the shower curtain in need of a really good clean. Also it would've been nice if they had thought to put the heating on before we arrived so it wasn't freezing. In my opinion the room was also far too small it's not the cheapest of hotels so definitely expected more. Think I'll try somewhere else in future.
- Also Known As:
- Apex International Edinburgh
- Hotel Apex International
- Apex International Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Edinburgh’s old town, this contemporary four star hotel has 169 stylish rooms, many with panoramic views of the castle and city skyline. Designed for comfort, the rooms include 42 inch wide screen LCD TV, large desk, free Wi-Fi and local calls, tea and coffee, luxury toiletries, iron and ironing board. Facilities include restaurant, bar, meeting and event space for up to 250 delegates, and pool, tropicarium and gym. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookingCom, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Otel and Venere so you can book your Apex International Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.