I stayed here for a family reunion for 4 nights. The rooms were very clean and were of excellent quality. We ate at the hotel bar two nights and were disappointed with the speed of service. It took over two hours for just two courses. We also ate in the Heights restaurant which was similarly slow taking 3 hours for 3 courses. The food was delicious but the whole process was too drawnout. Buffet breakfast was excellent. Staff were exceptional throughout the stay.
The rooms were very warm during the night but you cannot open the windows as Grassmarket is very noisy - unbelievably so at weekends. There is a fan but air conditioning should be installed to allow a comfortable sleep. Also no buggy/wheelchair access to the bar or reception. There is wheelchair access to the rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Edinburgh’s old town, this contemporary four star hotel has 169 stylish rooms, many with panoramic views of the castle and city skyline. Designed for comfort, the rooms include 42 inch wide screen LCD TV, large desk, free Wi-Fi and local calls, tea and coffee, luxury toiletries, iron and ironing board. Facilities include restaurant, bar, meeting and event space for up to 250 delegates, and pool, tropicarium and gym. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Expedia, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Apex International Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apex International Edinburgh
- Hotel Apex International
- Apex International Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland