I have stayed here three times, one in a 6 bed female only en suite (which was very comfortable and quite clean), one time in a mixed 14 bed en suite (very clean, great atmosphere and very spacious) and in a 6 bed mixed dorm (disgustingly dirty, really loud, not working power sockets, very hot, so you had to leave the windows open, which was nearly impossible, as the nearby pub blows its old fat "fumes" directly in the room > my hair smelled really badly even 3 days after my stay, although I washed it twice a day to get rid of the smell...)
The bathroom is moderately clean but the shower doors don't provide much privacy and the toilets were either acceptable or really disgusting (all clogged up with toilet paper or even puke)
The breakfast is alright (but it's for free, so what do you expect),the food at the bar is really nice!
Would stay here again though, because of the amazing location!
Staff is very friendly and helpful at all times (24/7 reception).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Great Location Opposite Edinburgh Dungeons and minutes away from Edinburgh Castle. We're across the street from the train station. Fun Atmosphere A great selection of food and drinks in the Belushi's bar, with fantastic party nights, and pub crawls to meet travellers, and locals. Known for Quality Our Edinburgh hostel has a wide selection of room types, a female only dorm, free walking tours and a free continental breakfast. 24 Hour Reception Open 24-hours a day, 7 days a week. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, HostelBookers and HostelWorld so you can book your St. Christopher's Inn Edinburgh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Christopher`s Hotel Edinburgh
- St. Christopher's Inn Edinburgh Scotland