“Nice hotel in Edinburgh” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Glasshouse, Autograph Collection Hotels

Save Saved
You added The Glasshouse, Autograph Collection Hotels to your Saves list
The Glasshouse, Autograph Collection Hotels
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Greenside Place, Edinburgh EH1 3AA, Scotland (Calton Hill)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #20 of 147 hotels in Edinburgh
Glendale, California
“Nice hotel in Edinburgh”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

We stayed at this hotel and our room was upgraded to a suite. I was surprise with the upgrade but it was a nice gesture. The suite was spacious and beautiful with modern amenities. It has a huge balcony with a lovely view of the city. It also has a roof top garden with a nice view. The staff are nice and helpful. They even offered free whiskey. The location is close to restaurants, shops and even a theater.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Federico C, General Manager at The Glasshouse, Autograph Collection Hotels, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at The Glasshouse Hotel.

It is great to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you had the chance to explore our facilities. Don’t forget that you can earn and redeem Marriott Rewards points whilst staying with us.

Looking forward to welcome you again,

455 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Kuala Lumpur
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Booked a weekend there at the end of July and was upgraded at checkin to a corner suite room, I'm a gold member with Marriott so I think this was why.

The hotel is a short walk from Waverley Station. Access to the city from the hotel is terrific. It's a 10-15 minute walk to most sites in Edinburgh. The room itself was large, actually a little too big. The staff very friendly and efficient.

For those heading to Edinburgh Airport after staying here the tram stop is literally a 50 meter walk...just fantastic who you have bags.

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience here with us.

I was delighted to read your feedback and I have passed those to the rest of the team as well. Indeed our location is great to visit the city both for business and leisure.

Thank you for choosing our hotel and for your loyalty with Marriott.

Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

The hotel was located close to everything. There were plenty of restaurants, shopping, and sights close by. We were upgraded to a Suite which was spacious, clean and modern. We had the the terrace view which was great and nice to just sit and relax.

My only qualm with the hotel was that the staff seemed annoyed when we asked questions on how to get to places and recommendations.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Federico C, General Manager at The Glasshouse, Autograph Collection Hotels, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us.

I was delighted to read that you nejoyed your stay with us, however I was disappointed to read your comments about the customer service given by our team.

I would like to discuss your feedback further in order to take corrective action, if you wish on federico.ciampi@theglasshousehotel.co.uk

Thanks and Regards

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

This cost us all our Marriott rewards but it was well worth it. Great rooms, great service, great location. Excellent places to eat within a five minute walk. Breakfast was great be sure to try the porridge with strawberries in it.

If you are a platinum Marriott rewards member, the evening snack of cheeses and fruit is a wonderful surprise.

Dear Reviewer & loyal Platinum member,

Thank you for choosing The Glasshouse Hotel for your stay in the city.

I was delighted to read your comments and that you enjoyed your member's gift. Our hotel is ideally located in the city centre which allow you to explore it for leisure or a quick connection for your meeting.

Looking forward to welcome you again in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

The glasshouse is my hotel of choice in Edinburgh., and have also hosted several group events here. Rooms are quirky, slightly separate areas for sitting or working and then the main bedroom.

Garden in the middle of the hotel is pretty pleasant , honesty bar also nice.

No traditional big lobby or restaurant, but that's part of the charm. Also no gym, but vouchers available for a huge Virgin Active gym literally next door.

Highly recommended !

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Federico C, General Manager at The Glasshouse, Autograph Collection Hotels, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us.

I was delighted to read your comments and we would like to thank you for the recommendation and for your loyalty in choosing our hotel whilst in Edinburgh.

We are looking forward to welcome you again in the future.

Argyll
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

A very unpleasant and stressful experience and not worth the hassle!
With great expectation we arrived outside the hotel at a small, totally inadequate 'Taxi' rank where we were forced to double park in a busy bus lane while we went to reception to enquire about parking. We were advised that it was a simple matter of going up the road, turning left and left again into the multi storey car park. Asked if there was anyone to help us with our bags we were told unfortunately, no. So, to the continued aggravation of queuing traffic we unloaded the car and then returned to park.
Carefully following the instructions - arrived at underground car park with much relief only to be confronted by a closed barrier with no apparent means of entry. Backed out and continued down road to another underground car park which also had a barrier and was ' Private' ! No signs for Hotel parking - Nothing!! Continued to bottom of road which was a dead end ! Turned round and back up to main road which of course was one way only which forced me away from the Hotel and into the busy City traffic and a great deal of confusion - particularly aggravated by the new Tramway.
I eventually found my way back to the Hotel after some 15 or so minutes only to have to repeat the original trauma of parking outside.I am now angry.
Returned to reception and insisted to be accompanied to the car park.After a further 10 minute wait a young man appeared and came with me.
When we eventually got back to reception we then had the challenge of finding our own way to our bedroom ! On a positive note - the room was very pleasant.
Breakfast the following morning was another challenge. There were no directions or signs to the dining room AT ALL. And not a sign of any staff to ask.When, however we did eventually find the dining room after a long walk, the breakfast, I have to say, was extremely good.
There can be little doubt about the money spent on this Hotel. What a pity they didn't invest more time and money on guest care and service.

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your feedback with regards to you recent stay with us.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you whilst staying with us.

Clearly you had a very negative experience with us and I would be delighted to have the chance to discuss it further to clarify some of the issues raised.

Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The hotel is beautiful and in the perfect location for a visit to Edinburgh. However, upon arrival in my room I noticed crumbs on the floor by the bed. When I pulled the bed away from the wall, behind the headboard I found an open package of cookies, crumbs, and a balled up tissue. Yuck! I requested a transfer and, to their credit, the staff immediately moved me. With the main desk person with me, I checked the same location in the second room--and found a balled up receipt from a previous guest. Clearly, they do not clean thoroughly. The staff person said something about how hard it is to get behind the beds, but she did call housekeeping and they vacuumed the room for me. The rest of my stay was lovely, but there was no apology to me from management, which I would expect in a hotel of this caliber. Even nicer would be if they cleaned their rooms thoroughly in the first place. I will not be staying here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the main street.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Reviewer,

I was disappointed to read your comments with regards to your recent stay with us.

There is no excuses for the room not being cleaned upon arrival and for the inconvenience and stress that you had to go through, please accept my sincere apologies for that.

I do understand however that our duty manager discussed the matter with yourself during the stay and actioned it accordingly.

I do hope that this was not the last time you stayed with us and that we will have the chance to show you the improvements we are always striving to achieve here at The Glasshouse.

Federico Ciampi

Been to The Glasshouse, Autograph Collection Hotels? Share your experiences!