“Early Christmas treat” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Glasshouse, Autograph Collection Hotels

You added The Glasshouse, Autograph Collection Hotels to your Saves list
The Glasshouse, Autograph Collection Hotels
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Greenside Place, Edinburgh EH1 3AA, Scotland (Calton Hill)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #26 of 144 Hotels in Edinburgh
Monifieth
“Early Christmas treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

This was my second stay and was as good as the first. Excellent studio room facing west (last time it was onto the roof garden). Location great for many of Edinburgh's attractions. My main reason for staying was for a lunch at the Dome, George Street, which was a few minutes walk. Once in the hotel it feels like moving in a wonderfully different world and all staff were welcoming, efficient and professional. Brilliant! The small decanter of whisky (complimentary) was also very nice.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Federico C, General Manager at The Glasshouse, Autograph Collection Hotels, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your feedback with regards to your recent stay here with us.

I was delighted to read your comments and we are looking forward to have the chance to welcome you again for the 3rd time.

Please do check our website for the best offers and promotions.

Federico Ciampi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

If so this is the place to stay.
Air con is extremely noisy even with unit in room switched off. No point in complaining as staff don't seem to think there is a problem .Complained twice now but ignored.
Also when confirming booking they got our dates mixed up.
Could be a good place to stay if problems rectified but management don't want to know.

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience here with us.

I was sorry to hear the unusual feedback with regards to our air conditioning and our staff. I can certainly assure you that we are always looking for ways to improve our product and service, even more since we are now part of Autograph by Marriott.

I do hope we will have a chance to welcome you again in order for us to show you our improvements.

Montrose, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

Great location and the service was good however I just didn't feel the room was good value for money. There was nothing spectacular that I felt could justify the cost. I also paid extra for breakfast which I was disappointed with due to the length of time it took to come when considering there was only three other diners (!) then when it did eventually come out, it was burnt. For the price, it was definitely not worth it. Overall, the hotel is nice, the snug is lovely, I had a nice stay however I have stayed in hotels with just as nice rooms at a much lower price.

• Stayed December 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your feedback with your recent stay here with us.

I was disappointed to read your comments about breakfast and certainly have passed your comments to my team to ensure corrective action is taken to avoid similar circumstances in
the future.

I do hope we will have a chance to welcome you again to show you the improvements made.

York, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

Spent two nights here (11th and 12th December) with my daughter on a theatre, christmas shopping trip. Great hotel in an excellent location, next door to Edinburgh Playhouse and 5mins walk from Waverley station. Princess Street and Christmas Markets just a few minutes walk away. Beautiful rooms opening out onto the roof top garden. Might just have to go back in the summer and enjoy that garden in the sunshine!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking garden
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience here in the hotel.

I was glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and we are certainly looking forward to welcome you again in the spring for hopefully a great sunny day in the garden.

Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

Stayed in the hotel for an overnight, and was blown away by the beautiful décor and the stunning views out the window. Room was very high end and well laid out, with great amenities, including a loaner umbrella (which proved useful.) I'll be making it my "go to" for business there.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Federico C, General Manager at The Glasshouse, Autograph Collection Hotels, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your recent stay and feedback with regards to our hotel.

I was extremely delighted to read your comments and certainly once you are here in business do let us know and we will be happy to discuss various options we have available for our regular guests.

scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

stayed for one night sat 14th December we booked a normal room and were upgraded to a suite
fantastic. we ate in the hotel on the Saturday evening the food was good and served in the bar area
but it was not very hot probably due to the distance the very helpful young barman/waiter had to carry it from the kitchen and served on a cold plate but again it was good
breakfast the next morning was something else it was like a scene from faulty towers
the young lady seated us promptly and took our order of tea coffee and white toasted bread
5 mins later we were served with wholegrain toasted bread no tea or coffee 25 mins later still with no tea or coffee I quietly told the young male waiter who said he would get it for us
2 mins later the young female waitress brought us 1 pot of tea no coffee after another 2 min a male waiter arrives with 1 pot of tea and 1 pot of coffee and after another 2 mins later another waiter arrives with tea and coffee talk about buses arriving three at a time when our cooked breakfast finally arrived about 45mins after being seated the order was wrong but I accepted it without complaint as I thought if the waiter took it back I might never have seen it again
when at checkout we informed the lady at checkout that the minibar in out room was faulty not a complaint but we thought we should let the hotel know just in
case another guest would use it
the lady receptionist duly noted this and made a written note
when we expressed our disappointment of breakfast she did apologise and told us she had heard the were very busy in the breakfast room that morning bur took no written note of our complaint
is there a different procedure for faulty fixtures and fixings than that of a dissatisfied guest and I am sure ours was not the only complaint that morning
however
we did enjoy our stay
you do have a fantastic hotel
we would and will stay again
I will still rate the hotel 5 star as one bad breakfast isn't the end of the world
I wouldn't normally rate a hotel on this site this is only my 2nd but you did ask

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay here with us.

I was sorry to read that we were not able to provide our usual standards during breakfast. We have launched a new interactive system for our waiters to take orders and on that weekend we had several faults which delayed the service.

I do hope, however, based on your other feedback, that we will have the chance to welcome you soon.

Fraserburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

Stayed at the Glasshouse for 2 nights (11th &12th December). Quick check in very pleasant staff who were very helpful. Room was first class. Will be back again. Very central hotel for shopping and seeing the sights of Edinburgh. This is our 2nd visit it the Glasshouse.

Room Tip: All rooms are good.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay here with us.

I was delighted to read your comments and we do hope we are able to welcome you again in the near future.

Federico Ciampi

Been to The Glasshouse, Autograph Collection Hotels? Share your experiences!